Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

Spin Forum Dumping Bin


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

@Lhalo aren’t you a guy that thinks 1913 - when the federal reserve was established - is like a significantly bad moment for US economics ? I think I’ve seen you say something to that effect before. 

Yes. When a bunch of crony bankers and industrialists travel to an island in Georgia to reform the monetary system to their liking I give pause. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

@Lhalo aren’t you a guy that thinks 1913 - when the federal reserve was established - is like a significantly bad moment for US economics ? I think I’ve seen you say something to that effect before. 

Dude, he’s going to give you an answer but he has no idea what you are talking about and you’re going to get a Wikipedia induced and IPA influenced answer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cals said:

Dude, he’s going to give you an answer but he has no idea what you are talking about and you’re going to get a Wikipedia induced and IPA influenced answer.

 

Just now, Lhalo said:

Yes. When a bunch of crony bankers and industrialists travel to an island in Georgia to reform the monetary system to their liking I give pause. 

71578312-400B-4D22-97B3-C5D15A257496.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, cals said:

I don’t look at people softening on GW Bush as a “oh my god were so dumb, how could we forget what he did!!” situation.  It’s more like a sad indicator that much of the country misses Republicans that weren’t comic book evil with no regards if this country self-destructs or not.  

Say what you want about Bush, but he doesn’t want America to implode.  Trump is such a sociopath that if he can’t have it, nobody can and he stirs up a hornets nest that’s always been there but been subdued.  He riles up the worst of us for his selfish and personal needs and plenty of good, but very stupid, people get sucked in for the ride under the guise of patriotism.

Bush still sucks.  But how bad have Republicans got that Bush seems tolerable now?

 

ehh39b77bon71.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

image.png

What is this a chart of ? 
 

the reason why I ask the other question is because I see this referenced fairly often, presumably calling for what the country did before the fed was established.  A thing I never see addressed tho is why that alternative is better.  Basically from the founding the country and through the 19th century the United States sans a central banking system had very severe economic crisis regularly.  I’m not talking about recessions.  I mean the country had actual depression like crisis.  Essentially every 15-20 years.  I just never see these guys grapple with that fact.  The fed for all its faults has brought stability.  It seems history bears that out.  
 

also tycoons and monied elites have run everything in this country since the very beginning.  To me that’s unremarkable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

What is this a chart of ? 
 

the reason why I ask the other question is because I see this referenced fairly often, presumably calling for what the country did before the fed was established.  A thing I never see addressed tho is why that alternative is better.  Basically from the founding the country and through the 19th century the United States sans a central banking system had very severe economic crisis regularly.  I’m not talking about recessions.  I mean the country had actual depression like crisis.  Essentially every 15-20 years.  I just never see these guys grapple with that fact.  The fed for all its faults has brought stability.  It seems history bears that out.  
 

also tycoons and monied elites have run everything in this country since the very beginning.  To me that’s unremarkable. 

The chart is the value of the US dollar over time since 1776. You can see stability alright. The problem is the downward trend. 

There are two main concerns I have with our current financial system. The first is fractional reserve banking with interest on deposits determined by the Federal Reserve. Right now people have money in banks that has already been lended out while they make nothing on interest in return. These rates have also caused the biggest real estate bubble in the history of the world along with a stock market bubble (it’s the only place Joe the Plumber can get a decent rate of return) which will eventually collapse when the Fed can’t print enough to keep rates artificially low (near zero on commercial paper).

The second problem I have is the fact that the US dollar is backed by nothing other than the “good faith and credit of the United States government.” Thanks Nixon. Glad we got to keep pumping dollars into killing yellow people though. 

The Fed has backed itself into a corner in which it cannot escape. It is now impossible to raise rates because the US could not service its debt if rates were to climb. The only way out is war or collapse. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but we are seeing Weimar and Rome 2.0 in real time. Good luck everyone. Hope you own real property and a good decent stash of booze. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

The chart is the value of the US dollar over time since 1776. You can see stability alright. The problem is the downward trend. 

There are two main concerns I have with our current financial system. The first is fractional reserve banking with interest on deposits determined by the Federal Reserve. Right now people have money in banks that has already been lended out while they make nothing on interest in return. These rates have also caused the biggest real estate bubble in the history of the world along with a stock market bubble (it’s the only place Joe the Plumber can get a decent rate of return) which will eventually collapse when the Fed can’t print enough to keep rates artificially low (near zero on commercial paper).

The second problem I have is the fact that the US dollar is backed by nothing other than the “good faith and credit of the United States government.” Thanks Nixon. Glad we got to keep pumping dollars into killing yellow people though. 

The Fed has backed itself into a corner in which it cannot escape. It is now impossible to raise rates because the US could not service its debt if rates were to climb. The only way out is war or collapse. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but we are seeing Weimar and Rome 2.0 in real time. Good luck everyone. Hope you own real property and a good decent stash of booze. 

I don’t handle copyright violations but I’m gonna check tomorrow for you for a good lawyer when the cease and desist comes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dem gov candidate seen on train without mask, skirting federal mask mandates; passenger calls it a 'double standard'

Democratic candidate for Virginia governor, former Gov. Terry McAuliffe, seen on Amtrak train without mask. 

Virginia's former Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe, who is running to win back his seat in November, was seen maskless on an Amtrak train from New York to Washington, D.C., in late July – skirting federal mask mandates and Amtrak rules. 

Fox News obtained photos of McAuliffe on a train from New York City's Moynihan Train Hall at Penn Station on the night of July 29. An Amtrak passenger, who spoke to Fox News on condition of anonymity, took the photos, calling McAuliffe's violation of the rules an "absolute double standard."

The photo shows McAuliffe walking down the aisle of an Amtrak train, on a phone call, and not wearing a face covering. McAuliffe is seen standing under Amtrak's sign stating face masks are required. The relatively empty train car does show a passenger in the distance wearing a mask, and the passenger behind McAuliffe with a white strap over his ear, signaling that he, too, was wearing a mask.

"Amtrak requires everyone to wear a face mask," the sign reads. "Face masks must fully cover the mouth and nose and secure under the chin. Face masks must always be worn unless actively eating or drinking." 

Amtrak’s website also states: "Federal law requires all customers and employees to wear a mask at all times while onboard trains and in stations, regardless of vaccination status or state or local laws." 

 

Another lib. Do as I say, not as I do

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jewell Jones, Michigan state rep, found with handcuff key inside jail: sheriff
 

Jewell Jones, Michigan state rep, found with handcuff key inside jail: sheriff

Michigan state Rep. Jewell Jones faced additional felony charges Wednesday after he was allegedly found in possession of a handcuff key after he was arrested Tuesday due to his bond being revoked from a prior arrest. 

He was arraigned Wednesday on charges of attempting to escape custody while awaiting a felony trial and bringing a weapon into jail, according to The Detroit News. 

"This guy is a real piece of work, and an embarrassment to all elected officials, and I believe he thinks somehow the laws do not apply to him," Livingston County Sheriff Michael Murphy said, FOX 2 of Detroit reported. "More than that, I am mad. Had the handcuff key ended in an injury to my staff or another inmate I am not sure what I would have done, as my primary responsibility is the safety and security of my staff and inmates."

Jones, 26, was arrested for allegedly violating his bond for the third time related to a drunken-driving crash earlier this year. His blood-alcohol content at the time was more than twice the legal limit, police said. 

Jones’ alcohol tether on his ankle detected alcohol in his system three times on Sept. 3 – drinking is a violation of his bond – and he allegedly tampered with the tether on Sept. 6. 

He was elected to the state legislature in 2016.

Jones pleaded not guilty Wednesday. His bond was set at $100,000 cash or surety, according to the News. 

Officers allegedly found the key taped to the bottom of Jones’ foot during intake at the Livingston County jail on Tuesday, FOX 2 reported. 

Jones was also ordered to surrender any equipment he would use as a reserve police officer in his district. 

Jones’ lawyer said he was frustrated with the attempt-to-escape charge because once he was in a cell the key wouldn’t have helped him, the News reported.

Murphy said he wasn’t sure why Jones had the key on him. 

"You could run through unlimited possibilities. At the end of the day, folks are handcuffed to and from a facility. If someone has a handcuff key, that’s a bad day for us," he said, according to the News

Jones previously violated his bond by allegedly leaving Michigan National Guard training without letting the court or his lawyer know and for failing to pay the upkeep on his tether, which he was given after his first violation, FOX 2 reported. 

During his April arrest, Jones told officers that their actions are "not going to be good for you," adding that he would "call Governor [Gretchen] Whitmer right now," according to the police report.

Jones also namedropped Whitmer when officers attempted to capture his intake photo without a face mask. "You know what? Big Gretch is the homie," he said, according to the report. "When she finds out about this, she might be a little upset about the treatment. She's very serious about the pandemic so I'm just wondering if I can wear the mask."

 

 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Dem gov candidate seen on train without mask, skirting federal mask mandates; passenger calls it a 'double standard'

Democratic candidate for Virginia governor, former Gov. Terry McAuliffe, seen on Amtrak train without mask. 

Virginia's former Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe, who is running to win back his seat in November, was seen maskless on an Amtrak train from New York to Washington, D.C., in late July – skirting federal mask mandates and Amtrak rules. 

Fox News obtained photos of McAuliffe on a train from New York City's Moynihan Train Hall at Penn Station on the night of July 29. An Amtrak passenger, who spoke to Fox News on condition of anonymity, took the photos, calling McAuliffe's violation of the rules an "absolute double standard."

The photo shows McAuliffe walking down the aisle of an Amtrak train, on a phone call, and not wearing a face covering. McAuliffe is seen standing under Amtrak's sign stating face masks are required. The relatively empty train car does show a passenger in the distance wearing a mask, and the passenger behind McAuliffe with a white strap over his ear, signaling that he, too, was wearing a mask.

"Amtrak requires everyone to wear a face mask," the sign reads. "Face masks must fully cover the mouth and nose and secure under the chin. Face masks must always be worn unless actively eating or drinking." 

Amtrak’s website also states: "Federal law requires all customers and employees to wear a mask at all times while onboard trains and in stations, regardless of vaccination status or state or local laws." 

 

Another lib. Do as I say, not as I do

 

So scandalous. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@cals this is from 12 years ago. I ballpark average weight at about 240 LBs. Assuming none of these dudes are dead what do you think the average is today? 
 

FYI I’m about 30 LBs down from where I was in this picture. It’s more difficult to overeat when you’re following CDC guidelines and masking up.

52E6DDEC-0E7F-431A-A571-4A46E70A874E.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Adam said:

@cals this is from 12 years ago. I ballpark average weight at about 240 LBs. Assuming none of these dudes are dead what do you think the average is today? 
 

FYI I’m about 30 LBs down from where I was in this picture. It’s more difficult to overeat when you’re following CDC guidelines and masking up.

52E6DDEC-0E7F-431A-A571-4A46E70A874E.jpeg

The guy on the far left has actually trimmed down some since then.  Would say 20 lbs but since the vaccine my testicles put on an extra 16lbs. 

or is that the rt side

Edited by Crampknees
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...