• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

Just now, mtangelsfan said:

Right, funny you hate corporate America until the do something you like.  Then they are the modicum of virtue

Disney does a lot of unethical things. In this case, I agree that someone who compares mask-wearing to the Holocaust deserves to be fired.

She said a bunch of stupid shit about masks and something to the effect of being a conservative in America is the same as being a Jew in nazi Germany.  I understand that it was a bunch of things.  I don’t really care to go look it up specifically.  

whether she should have been fired or not. I don’t know.  I don’t think having a shit brained opinion should equal getting fired.  That said, I don’t really have a good understanding of what kind of contract the mouse had with her.  Did they ask her to stop tweeting that kind of stuff ? Was it like an instant fire kind of thing ? These details are important I guess. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

That's not the only nutty thing she's said.

if what she's been tweeting has been problematic or embarrassing to disney, i hope they followed some kind of process before dismissing her other than "we don't like this tweet so you're fired."

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

She said a bunch of stupid shit about masks and something to the effect of being a conservative in America is the same as being a Jew in nazi Germany.  I understand that it was a bunch of things.  I don’t really care to go look it up specifically.  

whether she should have been fired or not. I don’t know.  I don’t think having a shit brained opinion should equal getting fired.  That said, I don’t really have a good understanding of what kind of contract the mouse had with her.  Did they ask her to stop tweeting that kind of stuff ? Was it like an instant fire kind of thing ? These details are important I guess. 

Very good points but I would hope they are consistent with all their actors and actresses regardless of their political leanings. 

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

Very good points but I would hope they are consistent with all their actors and actresses regardless of their political leanings. 

If the mouse asked Pedro Pascal to not tweet about the baby cages then imo he has a choice continue to tweet about the baby cages and accept that the mouse will potentially stop associating with him or stop tweeting and accept the dominion of the mouse over your tweets on this topic.  

if they were fair about it and explained their position, I’m not bothered by either scenario. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

It sounds like they really disliked her in general and this was just a good excuse to get rid of her. Now the reasons they disliked her in general are probably partially exemplified by her comments.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It sounds like they really disliked her in general and this was just a good excuse to get rid of her. Now the reasons they disliked her in general are probably partially exemplified by her comments.

Ya I’ve just seen comments on social media and here so I don’t want to be too definitive.  But from what I’ve seen.  It appears that Disney wanted her gone for a while.  It seems that she was not willing to shut up and make them happy.  

anyway, she’ll be fine.  

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

Disney does a lot of unethical things. In this case, I agree that someone who compares mask-wearing to the Holocaust deserves to be fired.

Dems have been implying that Trump is Hitler for the last four year,  I am betting you think they should keep their jobs

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Dems have been implying that Trump is Hitler for the last four year,  I am betting you think they should keep their jobs

The last few presidents have been compared to Hitler. It gets tiresome and unimaginative.

Can’t we switch it up from time to time? Not like the world hasn’t produced quite a few murderous dictators. 

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Meh, if any of them had been "fired" from a TV series, I wouldn't care.

James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy director) was fired from the series after a bunch of MAGA bros dug up some of his old tweets.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy director) was fired from the series after a bunch of MAGA bros dug up some of his old tweets.

Did you know James Gunn used to be married to Jenna Fischer? So he got to play around with Pam Pam and her Pam pams. 

28 minutes ago, Taylor said:

In your dynamics aren’t politicians supposed to be held to a higher standard than actor?