• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

5 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

What the hell is in the water there that makes people torture and kill little kids. That where the Gabriel Fernandez murder happened. Maybe it’s just a demon that bounces from one person to the next after the killings.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

What the hell is in the water there that makes people torture and kill little kids. That where the Gabriel Fernandez murder happened. Maybe it’s just a demon that bounces from one person to the next after the killings.

It's Lancaster.   What's in Lancaster but meth and bad decisions.

I just had a conversation with my supervisor about the death penalty since today a man convicted of robbing and murdering a couple, then lit the bodies on fire in 1999, was executed. She doesn't believe in the death penalty, I think there are people so evil it is immoral to let them live.

The guy executed today may not fit in that category. His confession of guilt and remorse for the families involved seemed legit. He was 18, part of a gang and his partner did the shooting. He, however lit the car on fire to burn the evidence. 

Maybe when she reads about the father that decapitated his children she may have a change of mind. That was pure evil, not a botched robbery that escalated.

Governor Newsom has halted all death penalty proceedings and it will require a new governor to reinstate them. It was kind of a stage show legislation since the last inmate to be put to death in California was 14 years ago and he still could have just offered a stay for any scheduled executions. 

11 hours ago, Blarg said:

I just had a conversation with my supervisor about the death penalty since today a man convicted of robbing and murdering a couple, then lit the bodies on fire in 1999, was executed. She doesn't believe in the death penalty, I think there are people so evil it is immoral to let them live.

The guy executed today may not fit in that category. His confession of guilt and remorse for the families involved seemed legit. He was 18, part of a gang and his partner did the shooting. He, however lit the car on fire to burn the evidence. 

Maybe when she reads about the father that decapitated his children she may have a change of mind. That was pure evil, not a botched robbery that escalated.

Governor Newsom has halted all death penalty proceedings and it will require a new governor to reinstate them. It was kind of a stage show legislation since the last inmate to be put to death in California was 14 years ago and he still could have just offered a stay for any scheduled executions. 

I'm truly a fence sitter on this issue as both sides make good arguments to their point. If the death penalty was outlawed I wouldn't bat an eye but, like you, I think some people should be eliminated from existence for being evil. As far as Trump's killing spree, the next piece of shit coming up continuously, sexually abused his toddler and then beat her to death when she spilled her training potty. Fuck that guy! His execution should hurt but it won't.  

Edited by Jason

It is so disingenuous to say Trump is involved in these executions. The crime and sentencing is on the state, not federal level. It would up to the governor's discretion to offer clemency or a stay of execution. There has only been three cases of presidential clemency since 1977. 

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It is so disingenuous to say Trump is involved in these executions. The crime and sentencing is on the state, not federal level. It would up to the governor's discretion to offer clemency or a stay of execution. There has only been three cases of presidential clemency since 1977. 

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that they all happened this year.

23 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I believe these are federal executions.  Not state.  At least the one's Trump is getting "credit" for.  Here is a list of what gets you on the federal death row.  And according to the article I read, only 60 are on the federal death row.  

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/stories/federal-laws-providing-death-penalty

46 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that they all happened this year.

No, one was during the Clinton administration that had the highest execution totals in twenty years, the other two were during the Obama administration that had more executions per year than the Trump administration.

But the presidency doesn't control how many states still use the death penalty, convict criminals and execute them on a scheduled time period. It is a States rights issue, interference from the oval office is not considered appropriate. 

On the federal level the presidency has rarely acted to stop executions. What Trump did do is lift the ban on federal use of lethal injection.  

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Maybe I'm totally ignorant but why did they all happen in a chain beginning this past July? 

I'm probably just and idoit.

State executions have been happening.   Mainly in Texas and Florida.  They stopped it a while because they were again claiming cruel and unusual punishment.  I think it was something about one of the drugs used.  

Federal had been stopped I think for a while, but Trump ok'd them.  Or maybe they were happening and the drug thing got resolved and resumed.  

In any case, it might just be easier if someone is on death row, just to give them a suitcase full of drugs and a few bottles of booze and let them go out in a blaze of glory.  

Just now, mtangelsfan said:

Regardless, I strongly oppose the death penalty.  As long as the justice system favors the wealthy there will never be a time when it could be applied fairly

Another solid position to take but it does not serve the interest of justice for the victims. Whether rich or poor, the victims deserve their case be prosecuted to represent them and not the failings in societal structure. 

The couple that were robbed were neither rich or privileged, they were just coming home from church services when abducted, robbed, stuffed in the trunk of their car at gunpoint, driven around while their ATM cards were used (cameras recorded the thieves), then taken to a remote area where they were executed in the trunk then the car set on fire and there was forensic evidence that the wife was still alive at the time.

If everyone had the exact same level of justice applied, would you still object to executions? 

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Regardless, I strongly oppose the death penalty.  As long as the justice system favors the wealthy there will never be a time when it could be applied fairly

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Another solid position to take but it does not serve the interest of justice for the victims. Whether rich or poor, the victims deserve their case be prosecuted to represent them and not the failings in societal structure. 

The couple that were robbed were neither rich or privileged, they were just coming home from church services when abducted, robbed, stuffed in the trunk of their car at gunpoint, driven around while their ATM cards were used (cameras recorded the thieves), then taken to a remote area where they were executed in the trunk then the car set on fire and there was forensic evidence that the wife was still alive at the time.

If everyone had the exact same level of justice applied, would you still object to executions? 

See! Both are good points

13 hours ago, Lhalo said:

The Jethawks play there but they were borderline bankrupt before Gayvin’s shutdowns. After minor league baseball leaves you might as well nuke Lancaster from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure. 

My son had a soccer tournament in Lancaster a couple years ago and we stayed in a hotel across the street from their stadium.  They had a Star Wars night so we got to see all nerds walk through the lobby in their costumes. 

29 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

My son had a soccer tournament in Lancaster a couple years ago and we stayed in a hotel across the street from their stadium.  They had a Star Wars night so we got to see all nerds walk through the lobby in their costumes. 

Years ago I had a meeting with a sales account in Lancaster. He was running his business out of his house. His house smelled really strange. I couldn't pin point it. At one point I had to go to the bathroom and on his toilet was a baggy of meth and a pipe. Not sure if meth was the smell or not but he's not a client anymore. 

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

Years ago I had a meeting with a sales account in Lancaster. He was running his business out of his house. His house smelled really strange. I couldn't pin point it. At one point I had to go to the bathroom and on his toilet was a baggy of meth and a pipe. Not sure if meth was the smell or not but he's not a client anymore. 

I wouldn't know what meth smells like. I do know what cocaine smells like though so if you ever come across some I can smell all of it for you.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

No, one was during the Clinton administration that had the highest execution totals in twenty years, the other two were during the Obama administration that had more executions per year than the Trump administration.

I stopped reading here because it isn't true.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Maybe but it is moot.  A perfect world doesn't exist.

Of course in a perfect world there would be no need for criminal courts

Which still doesn't take into account those who are living at or below the poverty line.  Which is a high factor when it comes to folks in jail