• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

I wonder if she'd be in favor of releasing all the serial killers of women as part of the "dismantling" of the criminal justice system.

Up in Washington state they almost released the Green River Killer, who's responsible for at least 49 murders. He would have been eligible if a lawsuit filed by "prison reform" advocates had been granted. The state Supreme Court turned it down by a margin of one vote.

Yeah, let's dismantle everything and let people do whatever the hell they want. 

• Replies 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Taylor

• St1ck

• Lhalo

50 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Must be nice to make pronouncements like that without any thought of how to do it or what the ramifications would be.

Not even a campaign speech for her

Edited by Jason

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

At a news conference on systemic racism on Tuesday, Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) called on dismantling not just the criminal justice system but the "whole system of oppression," which includes the economy and political system.

"As long as our economy and political systems prioritize profit without considering who is profiting, who is being shut out we will perpetuate this inequality. We cannot stop at the criminal justice system, we must begin the work of dismantling the whole system of oppression wherever we find it," Omar said.

Solution is to go to a religious system.  So put your veil on, STFU, and get in the kitchen.

3 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

At a news conference on systemic racism on Tuesday, Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) called on dismantling not just the criminal justice system but the "whole system of oppression," which includes the economy and political system.

"As long as our economy and political systems prioritize profit without considering who is profiting, who is being shut out we will perpetuate this inequality. We cannot stop at the criminal justice system, we must begin the work of dismantling the whole system of oppression wherever we find it," Omar said.

I’m tired of this moron and her crew having such a loud voice. Screw her.

Michael Cohen back in federal custody after being released to home confinement over COVID concerns - ABC News
https://abcnews.go.com/US/michael-cohen-back-federal-custody-released-home-confinement/story?id=71696130

Fucking moron went to a restaurant while on house arrest. Guess he figured there is no way anyone in NYC would recognize him.

re: the Joe Rogan video . . .

"the gov't did two things with college: they made it so expensive to go, then they made it worthless."

"they made it part of the buracracy."

he makes a great argument about working to earn money to go to school. this was something both my brother and I did so we could afford to go - in fact, we started doing this in high school as we attended a boarding academy (attended classes for half a day, then worked half a day M-F; college was a bit of a different schedule but still the same idea). I started working when I was in 8th grade and learned the value of working hard, being on time, and being responsible. This is missing for so many kids today, especially the part about being responsible. We had a meeting at our school several years ago where parents were complaining about costs for this and that, a reasonable concern at a private school. I was in the meeting and brought up how many of us in the room had to work our way through school, and that maybe this was something kids today needed to do/learn. The reaction to my comments was pure crickets from the parents - they didn't want their kids to work. And now we have parents and their kids demanding a free college education. 

There is a great benefit to working for something. I think most of us here realize this and have experienced it ourselves. I don't see much of an emphasis on this with the current generation.

Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs fame has talked quite a bit about this insane idea that everyone needs a college degree. I agree with him that it's not necessary; not everyone is going into a white collar job, which is where most degrees lead you, plus there are so many more blue collar jobs in this country and more people are going to end up working at one of them. This is something I've changed my mind about in recent years, and I wish there were more trade school options for kids after high school.

And I agree with him that the cost of college has gone up because of the loans. Maybe a dozen or so years ago there was a ballot measure here in California about school vouchers. I was talking with my least favorite principal about it before the election and asked him what he thought might happen if every kid was given a voucher good for $300/month to go to the school of their choice. His almost immediate answer was that he saw our tuition going up by $300/month, just like that. 

Okay, thanks for having in there on a long rant.

Tank, you made some very good points in your post.

Learning how to work to earn things is a vital part of developing character.

The entitlement the young people have now is working against them.

They expect things to be given to them. They never heard the word "no" from their parents. Dealing with being told no also builds character if done correctly.