nate

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

99% of media coverage should be on Epstein and his buddies and Yemen. It is difficult to muster any reaction to these petty, albeit bad Trump sideshow things.

season 4 episode 22 GIF

2 hours ago, nate said:

Update on SLS, the rocket nobody in NASA wants.  The Senate just ordered 10 of them from boeing using a cost plus contract.  That means cost of the project plus 10%, it is a rocket that uses 40 year old technology.  Also cost plus contracts always move slowly cause the contractors get more money the longer the project goes over.

do you have any pictures of this new rocket? they've been working on one that looks similar to the apollo saturn V and released artists conceptions last year. i'm not sure if that's the same thing you're referencing.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

do you have any pictures of this new rocket? they've been working on one that looks similar to the apollo saturn V and released artists conceptions last year. i'm not sure if that's the same thing you're referencing.

from nasa.gov

Image result for dog red rocket

1 hour ago, Tank said:

This is the rendering.  It is still at least two years from even flying though.  Right now all they have are a few tanks and the engines which are recycled space shuttle engines.  Sls_block1_on-pad_sunrisesmall.jpg

36 minutes ago, nate said:

This is the rendering.  It is still at least two years from even flying though.  Right now all they have are a few tanks and the engines which are recycled space shuttle engines.  Sls_block1_on-pad_sunrisesmall.jpg

okay, that looks like the one i've seen. thnx.

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

okay, that looks like the one i've seen. thnx.

While SpaceX is reusing their rockets, this one is completely disposable at $2bn each.  The other crazy thing is it is using SRBs like the ones the shuttle did, as well as the engines from the shuttle, all of which were re-used.  This one they are dumped into the ocean.

48 minutes ago, nate said:

a flying pencil would be pretty sweet

10 hours ago, Tank said:

I hate that blocking traffic has become a thing. All it does is piss people off. The protestors who do 5his should be arrested immediately.

Maybe I am a terrible person but the videos of them getting run over doesn't upset me. 

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

Maybe I am a terrible person but the videos of them getting run over doesn't upset me. 

I mean, if you're blocking traffic you kind of deserve it. 

Some dude on his way to the bar? Meh, he can sit and wait. But someone on their way to work, like a doctor or nurse? F*ck you. Get out of the way.