• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Schilling yanked from LLWS over tweet

I don't mean to further harp on the ignorance (in the benign sense, not that you're naturally stupid), but Nazis weren't anti-intellectual. They considered their ideology to be science-based and promoted academic theories like deconstruction. Their most avid followers were in the universities. They often portrayed themselves to be far superior intellectually than religious people, for example.

I don't mean to question your intelligence but you're arguing from the perspective that Jay actually believes that meme.

ESPN is afraid that the 14 Muslim baseball fans out there might be offended.

Why can't they just put out a memo or tweet saying "Mr. Schilling's opinions on Middle East politics are entirely his own and do not align with those of ESPN" and handle it that way? Why do you have to make it look like you have a bunch of robots working for you who dare not offend a soul? I prefer real people. Curt Schilling will tell you if something a player on the field did would upset him and how the teams he played for would have felt about it. A lot of those guys said they didn't like the way the Angels handled Josh Hamilton. I don't agree with them, but I respect their right to say so after X many years in the game.

The world has gone ultra sensitive, you can't say shit anymore. This world has regressed over time with you can't say this . Look at that moron who shot up those reporters live, he was ultra sensitive of words and took them out of context, this is what the ****ing media is doing, this is what you read on social media. Do I really ****ing care if someone makes a joke of Catylyn Jenner, no , then why the **** should it be an issue. This is the reason why "Straight Out of Compton" is number 1 in the box office, because NWA didn't give a **** what they said, and this is the reason why Trump is topping the polls, because he is shooting from the hip on topics, people are tired of these ****ing over reacting ****s in the media over scrutinizing what comes out of someone mouth, do I really care what a Kardashian being mad at someone , no. I hope this politically correct bullshit goes away.

You can still say shit. You just might get fired for it, which probably isn't a recent event, it's just the increase of social media has helped employers see the dumb and/or controversial shit that people say. I mean, doesn't it also kind of bug people when they log onto their facebook and the posts that aren't photos of dinners are all political? Employers do warn their newly hired employees of their policies that now include social media. Using social media is not a private conversation with one or a few people that you are voicing your opinions to at a party or something.  You are putting it out there for anyone to see, which is especially true of someone like Curt Schilling who has a lot of followers. Given that ESPN let go or didn't renew the contracts of multiple employees, I find it hard to believe that Schilling isn't aware of the potential ramifications of what his personal views shared online could do to his employment.Then again, Stephen A. Smith somehow gets away with all the shit he spews.

I agree with you about comedy though as I don't think anything should be off limits in the comedic world, and it is sad that comedians are now being shamed for making jokes. I'm with Seinfeld on that one. Unfortunately, for us non-comedians, we do have to be careful about any jokes made due to company policies.

You can still say shit. You just might get fired for it, which probably isn't a recent event, it's just the increase of social media has helped employers see the dumb and/or controversial shit that people say. I mean, doesn't it also kind of bug people when they log onto their facebook and the posts that aren't photos of dinners are all political? Employers do warn their newly hired employees of their policies that now include social media. Using social media is not a private conversation with one or a few people that you are voicing your opinions to at a party or something.  You are putting it out there for anyone to see, which is especially true of someone like Curt Schilling who has a lot of followers. Given that ESPN let go or didn't renew the contracts of multiple employees, I find it hard to believe that Schilling isn't aware of the potential ramifications of what his personal views shared online could do to his employment.Then again, Stephen A. Smith somehow gets away with all the shit he spews.

I agree with you about comedy though as I don't think anything should be off limits in the comedic world, and it is sad that comedians are now being shamed for making jokes. I'm with Seinfeld on that one. Unfortunately, for us non-comedians, we do have to be careful about any jokes made due to company policies.

What I don't get is if [many] companies get so bent out of shape about potential customers, suppliers or other business partners seeing their emloyees' political views, why make it mandatory that employees be "friends" with the company?

I do happen to work for a large company (top 10 in worldwide market cap) but fortunately they don't require me to go out of my way to follow them on any social media.

The world has gone ultra sensitive, you can't say shit anymore. This world has regressed over time with you can't say this . Look at that moron who shot up those reporters live, he was ultra sensitive of words and took them out of context, this is what the ****ing media is doing, this is what you read on social media. Do I really ****ing care if someone makes a joke of Catylyn Jenner, no , then why the **** should it be an issue. This is the reason why "Straight Out of Compton" is number 1 in the box office, because NWA didn't give a **** what they said, and this is the reason why Trump is topping the polls, because he is shooting from the hip on topics, people are tired of these ****ing over reacting ****s in the media over scrutinizing what comes out of someone mouth, do I really care what a Kardashian being mad at someone , no. I hope this politically correct bullshit goes away.

I don't get the outrage over the Jenner costume. Public figures are fair games for satire, plus that costum is not even derogatory, It's basically a facsimile of the cover of Vanity Fair. 

Edited by ScottLux

I don't want to hear Schilling's politics during a baseball broadcast, but twitter is his world as far as I'm concerned and he can do what he wants on it, unless it's an espn twitter account.

I admit that I grew up in a much different world. I'm 50 years old. When I was young, All in the Family, Sanford & Son, and the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts routinely said things that would blow up the internet today. Hell I just watched the 70s version of Bad News Bears and the little kid said the n-word, as well as a Jewish slur.

I always found that when guys can tease each other, it makes them closer. I remember working with a black guy who would say "What's wrong with your people? You bombed the yellow man and killed off all the red men, too." I just laughed and said "We tried to kill off the brown man, but the son of a bitch breeds too fast." He laughed his ass off and we were close from that point on. He knew I wouldn't freak out when he pushed my buttons and vice versa.

Nowadays it's a gotcha society. We became a great country because we celebrated achievement instead of conformity. Now it's learn to be PC or be ostracized.