• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Schilling yanked from LLWS over tweet

Who cares? God this country is circling the drain. Just tell the announcers to preface anything political they say with "this is strictly my opinion, not that of (whatever network they work for)." As long as they don't say it on the air, who gives a flying schitt what they say? We have people who believe that 911 was an inside job. We have people who believe that the world started with Adam and Eve. We have people who believe that the government tried to kill off black people through AIDS. You know what? I don't feel threatened by any of those opinions, and I certianly don't feel threatened by Curt Schilling's opinions.

Two thirds of the world people struggle to eat that day. We're all worried about who we offended with a tweet.

Who cares? God this country is circling the drain. Just tell the announcers to preface anything political they say with "this is strictly my opinion, not that of (whatever network they work for)." As long as they don't say it on the air, who gives a flying schitt what they say? We have people who believe that 911 was an inside job. We have people who believe that the world started with Adam and Eve. We have people who believe that the government tried to kill off black people through AIDS. You know what? I don't feel threatened by any of those opinions, and I certianly don't feel threatened by Curt Schilling's opinions.

Two thirds of the world people struggle to eat that day. We're all worried about who we offended with a tweet.

PC thinking is taking this country too far the other direction.

Just simply respect each other, and understand that because we are human we will say off beat things.    That doesn't mean we necessarily toe the line on them.

Anyways, extremist Muslims are, in some ways worse than Nazis and in some ways better. Nazis allowed some POWs to live. ISIS is conducting a genocide against Christians and other religious minorities, like Nazis. They enslave girls and kill their male relatives. 

Nazis were anti-religious and ISIS is religious. Both had a totalitarian approach to ideology, as did Communists. 

true, but isis has taken a huge swath of the ME, with branches spreading....its not like they wouldnt take europe if they could

The closest i can think of to ISIS is Pol Pots era in cambodia.

Remember, you're talking to a liberal. Tell him the truth and if he doesn't acknowledge it, he's one of those liberals who lie and evade. 

Liberals don't care about communist or Islamic atrocities because they they don't really care about atrocities. They wouldn't care about the Nazis either (they didn't until they attacked the Soviets) if they couldn't try to get some ideological mileage out of it. 

or a liberal

Comparison-of-Tea-Party-to-Nazism-2011-1

I don't mean to further harp on the ignorance (in the benign sense, not that you're naturally stupid), but Nazis weren't anti-intellectual. They considered their ideology to be science-based and promoted academic theories like deconstruction. Their most avid followers were in the universities. They often portrayed themselves to be far superior intellectually than religious people, for example. 

Frankly, Schilling has the right to spew whatever ignorant nonsense he wants to spew.

However, he has to understand that he works for a corporate entity (Disney) that has a worldwide reach and audience, not to mention shareholders.

Disney has the right to protect their brand and Schilling has to know that he is a public figure that happens to work for a corporation that wants to protect their brand.

So, Schilling has the right to say whatever he wants to say, and Disney, thru their subsidiary, ESPN, has the right to not want him to say it.

And yet, you typed "schitt" instead of "shit."

****ing hypocrite.