• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

TV reporter killed live on the air.

CNN has wall to wall coverage on this.  I click over to MSNBC to see what information they have.  They're talking about white supremacist groups that support Trump.  

'merica 

if that was happening on fox news, there would be readers here in a lather about what a crappy channel fox is, etc. etc.

You can't even acknowledge that Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses are Christians even though Catholics, such as yourself, have to put up with the same type of bigotry. Can't say I'm surprised.

It's not bigotry to point out essential differences on the most basic level of belief that would make it doubtful at best that JW's were "Christians". Your charge is unfair and not pertinent.

Theological issues are not the same as "bigotry". If you're defining a Christian as one who at least believes in the divinity of Christ, then they're simply not Christians. That's a matter of simple logic. JW's believe that Jesus was Michael the Archangel before coming to earth. That's way out there.

Now, if they want to say that simply "following" Jesus Christ makes them Christians, well that's another matter entirely. 

Edited by fan_since79

You can't even acknowledge that Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses are Christians even though Catholics, such as yourself, have to put up with the same type of bigotry. Can't say I'm surprised.

I don't think this discussion is going anywhere but I wouldn't classify a difference of theology as being bigotry.

I doubt mormons or jehovah witnesses believe folks from other denominations are correct in their thinking either.

I don't think this discussion is going anywhere but I wouldn't classify a difference of theology as being bigotry.

I doubt mormons or jehovah witnesses believe folks from other denominations are correct in their thinking either.

You're right. Mormons believe that all other denominations are apostates from the true church, which is them. That's their official stance.

Jehovah's Witnesses take the same position. 

But those other denominations don't deny that you are also Christians. And it's interesting that FS calls JWs beliefs "out there." He's complained about atheism but yet there he is insinuating that the beliefs of others, who consider themselves Christians, are cuckoo.

You're right. Mormons believe that all other denominations are apostates from the true church, which is them. That's their official stance.

Jehovah's Witnesses take the same position.

Why do so many religions take offense with the Mormons when saying they are the true church but can denounce their beliefs as wrong in the same breath? Don't all the denominations of christianity think they are more right than the others?

But those other denominations don't deny that you are also Christians. And it's interesting that FS calls JWs beliefs "out there." He's complained about atheism but yet there he is insinuating that the beliefs of others, who consider themselves Christians, are cuckoo.

But they do! Jehovah's Witnesses believe very fervently that Christian denominations are so such thing, but of the devil. A friend of mine used to be a slave to that cult and managed to get out. Their public position is that salvation is to be found only within their group. 

Mormons believe the church went through a Great Apostasy very early on, and everyone until Joseph Smith came along was following a false religion.

They don't believe I'm a Christian, or any member of any other mainstream Christian denomination. That's their public position.

Lol!

When individuals or groups of people turn away from the principles of the gospel, they are in a state of apostasy. One example is the Great Apostasy, which occurred after the Savior established His Church. After the deaths of the Savior and His Apostles, men corrupted the principles of the gospel and made unauthorized changes in Church organization and priesthood ordinances. Because of this widespread apostasy, the Lord withdrew the authority of the priesthood from the earth. This apostasy lasted until Heavenly Father and His Beloved Son appeared toJoseph Smith in 1820 and initiated the restoration of the fulness of the gospel.

https://www.lds.org/topics/apostasy?lang=eng

When individuals or groups of people turn away from the principles of the gospel, they are in a state of apostasy. One example is the Great Apostasy, which occurred after the Savior established His Church. After the deaths of the Savior and His Apostles, men corrupted the principles of the gospel and made unauthorized changes in Church organization and priesthood ordinances. Because of this widespread apostasy, the Lord withdrew the authority of the priesthood from the earth. This apostasy lasted until Heavenly Father and His Beloved Son appeared toJoseph Smith in 1820 and initiated the restoration of the fulness of the gospel.

https://www.lds.org/topics/apostasy?lang=eng

and where does that say you are not Christian?