• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 8/25 vs. Tigers

beat writers weighing in on yellgate:

Just saw video clip of Jered Weaver outburst. He was screaming at everybody, mad-at-world outburst, not just Trout. #Angels

I will add that I have not seen #Angels P Jered Weaver that mad in years, even at me.

Upon review of the Jered Weaver incident, looks like he was just yelling at everyone/venting, not aimed at Trout/Calhoun.

Edited by WallyWorld

I appreciate Weaver's competitive spirit, but it always kind of irritates me when a pitcher gets on his teammates like that. Especially two guys who always bust their ass out there and have helped the team all season. Shit happens. It's not like they yelled at Weaver in the middle of all his crappy starts earlier this year. People used to hate Lackey for this same thing, but Weaver does it and is a hero.

I agree about showing up your teammates. Once in a while I think the situation might call for it however. I Guess I'm just looking for anything to shake some life into this team.

I agree about showing up your teammates. Once in a while I think the situation might call for it however. I Guess I'm just looking for anything to shake some life into this team.

yeah, I hear you on that. And had it been any other players on the team besides Trout and Calhoun, I could get behind it a little easier. 

Anyway, kinda sounds like it's all a moot point and Weaver was venting in general rather than showing anybody up.

Weaver is a leader on this team. If more of our guys took on weaver's mentality we probably wouldn't be in this situation. Guy can only throw 83 and still makes hitters look silly. Some of these borderline guys could learn something from the Weav. Also, Trout needs to be a leader out there and call Calhoun off with authority.

Weaver is a leader on this team. If more of our guys took on weaver's mentality we probably wouldn't be in this situation. Guy can only throw 83 and still makes hitters look silly. Some of these borderline guys could learn something from the Weav. Also, Trout needs to be a leader out there and call Calhoun off with authority.

I don't disagree with you re: Weaver, but the Tigers are a pathetic team so it's fairly easy to make them look silly. 

Edited by failos

Brad Ausmus suddenly realizes he has relief pitchers available on the roster.

Seriously. He let that disaster make it to 100+ pitches...

Edited by failos

from what I understand, he's got a little Ervin Santana in him. Great one start, absolutely awful the next.

Seems like you're right. He shutout the Rangers his last start.

The "Ervin Santana" type is one of the most frustrating archetypes in baseball.