• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good time waster on an off day

WallyWorld

Prior to 2013 most of these lists picked Vernon Wells, although to be fair that whole situation caused me to hate Scioscia (more than before) more than Wells himself.

My view of Hamilton is worse than Mo Vaughn, worse than Gary Matthews Jr, worse than Vernon Wells, even worse than Fernando Rodney.

Before 1999 people didn't sit around and get worked up about bad individual players like after 1999, but Mo Vaughn comes to mind as difficult to like much. Players pre 1999 didn't carry the expectation levels that many do today because of salary levels, and the Angels never entered baseball's heaven, the World Series until 2002.

The most hated Mariner is Chone Figgins? I can't believe that fans of any team who ever had Milton Bradley could pick anyone but him.

Figgy got a huge pay day...then severely underachieved...well...didn't perform to his big salary.

Personally - I love Figgy...I was there when he went 6-6...

The list is the most hated member of each franchise, not the most hated by their own fans.  Some of the later ones are absolutely _loved_ by their hometown fans, and hated by everyone else.

I've only been following since 83 or so.  So yes, the answer is Hamilton.

I'm surprised Rickey Henderson didn't make the list.  Dude was a very talented d-bag.

Jeff judden should at least get an honorable mention. that dude had a ton of potential but pitched with the urgency of a man preparing to take his second nap of the day.

allen watson, jack mcdowell and ken hill need a little love, also.

tony phillips for screwing up whatever season that was where he got busted a few days/weeks before the season ended, taking away a lot of the halos momentum.

The list is the most hated member of each franchise, not the most hated by their own fans.  Some of the later ones are absolutely _loved_ by their hometown fans, and hated by everyone else.

I've only been following since 83 or so.  So yes, the answer is Hamilton.

I'm surprised Rickey Henderson didn't make the list.  Dude was a very talented d-bag.

But players hated by their own fan base is part of the equation. Hamilton's inclusion is obviously due to the hatred of Angels fans:

" and that helped him draw the ire of the fan base."