• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Way too much baseball left to be played.

19HALO71

Just before the All Star break the Astros slowed down and the Angels went into the All Star break leading the AL West. Why can't that happen again?

We're 1.5 games behind the 2nd WC and 5.5 back for the AL West. In 1995 we had a 13.5 game lead going into September, only to lose a one game playoff against the Mariners.

Keep rooting our boy's on!!

Go Halos!!

The biggest lead in 95 was 11 1/2 games, in early August before Disarcina got hurt...it wasn't "13 1/2 games going into Sept".....it had shrunk from 11 1/2 to 6 or 7 at that point....

My bad. Didn't have coffee this morning.

Edited by 19HALO71

I believe our biggest problem on the team is Pujols ... if he doesn't heat up then we are done. His struggles affect Trout at the plate. Still many question marks for the starters. They need to pitch deeper into games. I would love to see Freese and Giavotella back in the lineup.

We have a fighting chance if this happens.

I agree that they are pretty much rock bottom and can only go up. With that said, they don't have good enough talent to get hot enough to chase (and pass) several good teams.

As of right now we only need to pass 2 teams, one of which we are tied with.  If the Angels have indeed hit rock bottom and it goes up from here, they should make the playoffs.  

That isn't necessarily a positive outlook. More baseball games for this team means more games to potentially lose. I wouldn't be this cynical if the pitching wasn't as bad as its become, but there isn't a single SP on the team who isn't a mess. Trout hasn't hit a HR since his birthday, and he's a disaster lately. There's nothing positive about this team, and when you describe more games a positive, I only see more potential losses. This team is superb at losing–and in diverse ways, too. 1 run games, games where they lead, blowing saves, walk offs, blowouts, you name it–the Angels are number 1 at losing in creative and multiple ways. 

**** this team. 

That isn't necessarily a positive outlook. More baseball games for this team means more games to potentially lose. I wouldn't be this cynical if the pitching wasn't as bad as its become, but there isn't a single SP on the team who isn't a mess. Trout hasn't hit a HR since his birthday, and he's a disaster lately. There's nothing positive about this team, and when you describe more games a positive, I only see more potential losses. This team is superb at losing–and in diverse ways, too. 1 run games, games where they lead, blowing saves, walk offs, blowouts, you name it–the Angels are number 1 at losing in creative and multiple ways.

**** this team.

I forget, when was the last time Weaver was rocked?