• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Reality check ahead.....

Ohtaniland

Soto you are at your best and most active when you can tell us how shitty the team is and has been forever. If you deny that then I don't know what to say. That's all I was saying. If that's calling you out on shit that isn't true, then I apologize. However you yourself has even said you love when they are failing.

Oh yeah. I do find it hilarious. However, threads like these, as you see in post number two of this thread, are pointless.

Are you saying I'm AW's resident heel?

Here's what I believe, for those of you who don't understand it - Scott I know you do:

I've been outspoken against Sosh for years. Most of that time, I've been vilified about it. I've always said, that he's a good manager, however even this season I've scratched my head a few times more than past season. But I do believe his voice has worn out with these players. I've thought that for years. I don't believe in great regular seasons, only to be a failure in the post season.

Having said that, I can't blame Sosh for Trout absolutely disappearing in August, and I can't explain Albert's miraculous return to glory and equally catastrophic meteoric fall.

The roster is terrible. Jerry made some good moves and some bad moves. The farm, with the exception of a few arms like Newcomb, and Tropeano/Heaney hopefully is in shambles.

This org needed to hit rock bottom. Now, nobody knows the full story on most of the highly debatable topics that plague this team.

How involved/demanding has Arte been in the baseball player decisions?

Who can fix this mess?

What is the clubhouse morale with MS?

Are there issues with Butcher and Baylor, well frankly Scioscia's whole staff?

The carousel of players we've had at LF and 3B hasn't been just bad, it's embarrassing.

We held onto Joyce too long, we acquired guys who didn't get it done at all - even though we didn't give up much for them.

We still are making the wrong moves in the FO and on the field. Disarcina has managed to succeed in being worse than Ebel, which shocked me.

This organization needs a complete rebuild, preferably with a new owner. One committed to OC, (I don't care about the name change) and committed to improving the product on the field.

We also need a complete overhaul of the FO, and coaching staff, and roster. We are blessed to have Trout, and we better find a way to make this kid happy for the long haul. We are probably stuck with Pujols (he would likely accept a trade back to Stl.) and we have Calhoun.

We have he makeup of a decent rotation and an apparently 7-8-9 for the next year, and maybe more if Street is worth extending.

But this only gets better if it completely derails. This tease us with win streaks and then bore us with bad play doesn't do anything.

For all of you that want MS gone, and now it appears to be a majority of the people here, the only thing that hastens that is further losing and embarrassment on the field.

Mike isnt going away with a 98 win season, even if he stumbles in the playoffs. If you think winning the division here is the goal, then you better stop the MS hate.

I don't care about Hamilton or Dipoto, or the Joyce signing or the moves until this point. It's the "where are we going from here" that is going to fix this ball club.

Edited by SOTO

Most of these threads should basically be added to one of the three or four on the front page. This one could be added to the game over thread or the hate to say this thread. What it comes down to is that someone has a slightly different take on it and starts their own thread, which is great, but all threads morph into the same thing, Scioscia sucks, Dipoto was fired, Dipoto was great and would have traded for this guy, Arte is the worst owner and meddles. Basically all of these threads are a large funnel.

To criticize Dipoto for not developing a farm system that produces MLB players slows a lack of understanding of the process of drafting and developing MLB players.

I'm going to exclude Trout from all of this because he is a unique, once in generation player. But each of the other players you mention spent several years in the minor leagues before finally establishing themselves with the Angels. Dipoto was hired in 2011 and it is premature to say his drafts were failures. Dipoto was also hamstrung because the Angels first pick in 2012 was 114 and 59 in 2013. The jury is still out on how many of Dipoto's players in the farm system will be Major League level players. But saying Dipoto never produced a Weaver or Aybar ignores the reality of how long it takes for a player to go from draft choice to Major Leaguer.

Well Coach, I'm not exclusively blaming Jerry Dipoto for the farm system that is in place today. There's quite a history that goes back to Scioscia, Reagins, Stoneman and Dipoto. Arte and Scioscia both forced the Vernon Wells deal that had to include Napoli. Then Arte fires Reagins and hires Dipoto with very little GM experience. Then Arte decides that he himself is the GM and signs Pujols and Hamilton which also costs us draft picks and caused budget restraints. Dipoto was also expected to 'Win Now' which caused a lot of knee-jerk decisions that didn't pan out. I think that Mike Scioscia was too busy undermining both of our former GM's instead of managing the team. From GMJ to Hamilton there have been a lot of things that just didn't work out and Dipoto is one of them. You can't have too many cooks in the kitchen and Arte, Scioscia, Dipoto, Stoneman and Reagins will all learn from it. I kinda wish Arte would sell the team now and allow a new ownership to build the team of the future otherwise it will be the same old song.

Most of these threads should basically be added to one of the three or four on the front page. This one could be added to the game over thread or the hate to say this thread. What it comes down to is that someone has a slightly different take on it and starts their own thread, which is great, but all threads morph into the same thing, Scioscia sucks, Dipoto was fired, Dipoto was great and would have traded for this guy, Arte is the worst owner and meddles. Basically all of these threads are a large funnel.

Except it's easier to get through new vent threads daily, older ones might be less posted in, affecting the visit and post counts.

New content, even if it's old, beat the dead horse content, is king!

Yes. And I wouldn't hamstring him with a manager who is too stubborn to adapt.

you would hire a GM who quit because he yelled at the players in the locker room and was so embarrassed that he left right before trading period?

Remember that was the narrative Chuck said was told to him by Dipoto.  

We really do not know if the problems was too stubborn to adapt.