• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Has Scioscia given up?

How so?

Not reading the scouting reports that he has not been giving to the players.

Strict adherence to matchups based on handedness, even in cases where lefties have better splits against lefties than their platoon mates.

Overusing platoons n general resulting in players not gaining experience against same handed pitchers.

Putting in pitchers like Bedrosian in high leverage situations, then wasting street and Smith in mop up situations.

Insistence on using struggling veterans like Joyce instead of better in house young players

Excessive use of sac bunts and contact plays.

I could go on...

Edited by ScottLux

I'll trade a quick playoff exit for a fresh, new voice. Every single time because even if this team makes the playoffs they are going nowhere.

The KC's and SF's of years past that snuck in and went on to make a run had way more talent and passion than this team.

If we make the playoffs we will not go far. We would need crazy frenzied hitting, like in 2002, but it would have to be done with about 25% of the talent. All of you guys that hate Scioscia, you have to hope they don't make the playoffs. If they make the playoffs, he would probably return. If they play like this the rest of the way, I seriously doubt he returns as the manager.

If we make the playoffs we will not go far. We would need crazy frenzied hitting, like in 2002, but it would Gabe to be done with about 25% of the talent. All of you guys that hate Scioscia, you have to hope they don't make the playoffs. If they make the playoffs, he would probably return. If they play like this the rest of the way, I seriously doubt he returns as the manager.

That's what everyone said in 2013. He will remain on the roster unless Moreno fires him. If the Angels make the postseason Moreno might even extend him.

If we make the playoffs we will not go far. We would need crazy frenzied hitting, like in 2002, but it would have to be done with about 25% of the talent. All of you guys that hate Scioscia, you have to hope they don't make the playoffs. If they make the playoffs, he would probably return. If they play like this the rest of the way, I seriously doubt he returns as the manager.

I agree with this. Hoping for the latter at this point.

Dipoto never had a chance to do his job. From day one you could tell that was a volatile situation.

I will agree that Dipoto was pushed into making a couple of signings, the most expensive ones, even though Jerry told Chuck those were Jerry decisions that he went to Arte with for approval. But Jerry was able to do his job, just not with his manager, which sucks, but Jerry still build the roster, and that roster had little or nothing to do with Scioscia's influence. Jerry brought in Disar, not Scioscia. Jerry brought in all of these under performing players, not Scioscia. Blame Scioscia where it is his fault and blame Jerry for where it is his fault.

Not firing him after 2012 or 2013 has me convinced they'll never fire him. Any other major market team would have fired him for missing the playoffs with those teams, especially the 2012 team which had a mostly healthy roster of top level talent.

I don't know if he will be fired or if he will walk away. My gut says he won't be back next year if this is how the team finishes out the season.

I don't see Scioscia walking away unless the Dodgers' job opens up.

This is a conversation I have had too many times on here, but why would you want to manage this group of players if you could opt out, almost be guaranteed to manage a stronger roster and get simliar guaranteed money? Sure maybe instead of 3 years and $18 million he would get 4 years and $20 million, so it is less guaranteed money per year.