• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Grant Green-Everyday starter

They haven't given him a *chance* to play consistently. Every time they've brought him up from SLC they've sent him out for like two innings before sending him back down. They gave Feather, with his .115 or whatever average, more playing time. Considering that they gave Matt Joyce four months when he basically was staring into space in the outfield and doing nothing at the plate,  they could give someone like Green some actual time out there to see what he can do.

And he would have gotten a much needed out in this game just now if Cowart hadn't fumbled that catch.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

Great Green is better than Giavotella. Not a star, likely not even an above average starter. But the best option available right now. Won't matter anyway, Scioscia will stash him on the bench for the next couple weeks and completely forget he's even on the team.

Gia won the job in ST ... I don't see what Green has done to uproot him. The Scioscia comment was uncalled for.

I can't tell if Green is good. Seems decent.

Are the same people who still argue Bourjos was good arguing that Green is? I need to know cause then I'll know he sucks.

I believe the Angels would be better off with Callaspo, Bourjos and Grichuk on the team instead of Freese, Green, and Salas, if that answers your question.

Why are some of you so fascinated with Grant Green?   At some point, you've got to earn playing time.  He has not.

seriously. this guy is about as mediocre as they come.

as my buddy and i like to say, he's just a guy . . . a nothing-special kind of guy.

seriously. this guy is about as mediocre as they come.

as my buddy and i like to say, he's just a guy . . . a nothing-special kind of guy.

Billy Beane and Jerry Dipoto both clearly saw something in the guy. He was drafted 23rd overall in the 2009 Amateur Player Draft, immediately before Randal Grichuk and Mike Trout. He was then eventually traded straight up for the 2014 Angels' team MVP.

Billy Beane and Jerry Dipoto both clearly saw something in the guy. He was drafted 23rd overall in the 2009 Amateur Player Draft, immediately before Randal Grichuk and Mike Trout. He was then eventually traded straight up for the 2014 Angels' team MVP.

Green looks like he could play, the dude is an amazing athlete -- physically he's got all the goods.    So did Nathan Haynes

That's a bold claim.

Green is significantly less likely to muff a batted ball, and he is vastly more athletic.   None of that has helped because he lacks the instincts and is as stiff as they come at 2B.    But his struggles at 2B don't really explain why he's not been given a chance in LF other than his being RHed.

It may just come down to him being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  He doesn't have enough bat to overcome his defensive shortcomings at the positions currently manned by RHBs.

Edited by Inside Pitch

It's not that anyone thinks Grant Green is a future all star.  But given some of the utter crap we've run out this year, if he could be adequate he'd be an improvement.  How many times has Featherston come up in a clutch position because we don't have a real utility player on the roster.  How many times have we seen Joyce or the Three Amigos who've been brought on to replace him flail.  

I'm not so down on Johnny Drama, but he has had a glove-slump of late to go with the entire team's bat-slump.

Edited by hen3ry

They also didn't see enough in the guy to warrant much playing time.  Jerry Dipoto acquired three middle infielders in eight days last winter.  After trading for one in August and seeing him leave.  

what's he done with his playing time so far? he may have talent, but he needs to use it to produce. it's rather telling that he can't even stay on the 25 man roster for an entire season.