• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2015 Fantasy Football Thread

QB: Big Ben

RB: Joseph Randle

RB: Jonathan Stewart

WR: Antonio Brown

WR: OBJ

TE: Greg Olsen

K: Gostkowski

Def: Seattle

Others appearing on my team:

RB: TJ Yeldon

RB: Chris Polk

RB: James White (NE 3rd down back, and last man picked.  Because, why not)

WR: Amari Cooper

WR: Jeremy Maclin

Yahoo predicting I finish last, and I don't necessarily disagree. 

8 team league and your RB's are that bad?  I mean you have some depth and maybe Yeldon surprises but for an 8 team league your RB's are bad on paper unless it's a keeper league and some RB's were already off the board before the draft started.  WR is so deep I would have gone RB  instead of drafting OBJ who I presume you got in round 2.  If it wasn't a keeper league there definitely had to be some options there at RB like maybe Hill, Anderson, Forte, etc.  I had OBJ last year and he helped me win a title but I'm not buying this year given where's ranked and projected to go.  My first draft is next week picking 8 in a 10 team league and the other draft is the following week picking 10 in a 14 team league.  

Yeah, I went based off of Scout's FF Toolbox and took best players available.  Which netted me OBJ second, instead of a RB.  I immediately regretted my decision when everyone jeered "Can't wait to play you week 11!"  They have Joseph Randle ranked high.  Damn Fireball shots.  They were chilled!  How can I resist that!

Randle could have a good year as Dallas' O-line was huge for the run game last year and he'll get a shot but he's in a situation where he isn't proven as the primary back and has McFadden and Dunbar vying for carries.  I'd take him on my team but I'd want him as my 2nd or even 3rd RB going into the season.

I like my 14 team league because as mentioned generally with 8 your team is stacked and it's more about managing as far as who you start.  Even in my 10 team league with no flex spot it becomes a pain with WR and RB sometimes as those are what I draft the most of and most weeks I'm going back and forth about who to start for the last WR spot. 

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

I'm in 3 leagues.  An 8 team league that is pretty straightforward, a 10 team league that generally starts 2 QBs and has morphed into a PPR league as well, and a 12 team keeper (3 players kept) that I joined a few seasons ago.  I haven't drafted in any of these leagues yet but the first is Sunday night.  I'm thinking I'm going to get out of that league after this season as I don't like the keeper aspect.  Some teams don't have any players worth keeping, while one team in particular is keeping Andrew Luck (5th round), Jeremy Hill (4th round), and Odell Beckham (10th round).  This guy gets 3 players that are 1st-2nd round value while retaining his first 3 picks, while other teams have all their picks but most of the premium players unavailable.  Not a real level playing field.

I'm in three leagues - one here, and two WFL tribute leagues. The AW draft and one of the WFL drafts occur in early September. The other WFL league is an autodraft league. What you get is what you have to work with. I got pummeled in that league last year. My #1 draft pick was Adrian Peterson, who was suspended for the season, and my top QB was Matt Ryan, who had an awful year

First draft the other night.  Couldn't attend so the computer auto-drafted.  I had two keepers going in (A. Brown, J. Nelson).

QB   Matt Ryan

RB   LeSean McCoy

T.Y. Yeldon

Ryan Mathews

Charles Sims

Jay Ajayi

Dan Herron

WR  Antonio Brown

Jordy Nelson

Breshad Perriman

Pierre Garcon

Cody Latimer

Brandon LaFell

TE   Jason Witten

K     Adam Vinatieri

D     Seattle Seahawks

Minnesota Vikings

Edited by HaloWHAM!

First draft last night, 8 pick in a 10 team league with no flex spot:

QB - Wilson

RB - Miller, Forsett

WR - D. Thomas, J. Jones, G. Tate

TE - J. Cameron

K - Carpetner

DEF - AZ

BN - Eli, Spiller, R. Jennings, M. Wallace, M. Colston, Z. Ertz

As is the case every year I ended up taking guys I didn't think I would (Forsett 4th round, Wilson 5th) because they fell, the value was there and when it was my turn to pick there wasn't anyone else available that really jumped out at me.  In rd 2 I could have had CJ Anderson, Hill, Gronk, OBJ, etc. but I've always been a Julio fan and think if he stays healthy he's going to have a monster year in a contract year.  

First draft last night, 8 pick in a 10 team league with no flex spot:

QB - Wilson

RB - Miller, Forsett

WR - D. Thomas, J. Jones, G. Tate

TE - J. Cameron

K - Carpetner

DEF - AZ

BN - Eli, Spiller, R. Jennings, M. Wallace, M. Colston, Z. Ertz

As is the case every year I ended up taking guys I didn't think I would (Forsett 4th round, Wilson 5th) because they fell, the value was there and when it was my turn to pick there wasn't anyone else available that really jumped out at me.  In rd 2 I could have had CJ Anderson, Hill, Gronk, OBJ, etc. but I've always been a Julio fan and think if he stays healthy he's going to have a monster year in a contract year.  

Solid draft.  Until Julio's leg falls off

The only other WR I was considering there was Megatron who is an even bigger injury concern but I think if he stays healthy he has a huge season.  I like OBJ but I'm just skeptical of taking any guy who has been in the league for a short period of time that early.  I thought about taking CJ Anderson and will probably take him at 10 in my other league (RB valued higher plus we have a flex so RB depth is better) but he's basically a 2nd year player (7 touches in 2013 as a rookie) and as a Denver fan I'm pretty skeptical of the new system with a 39 year old QB.  As much as I think Anderson could have a big year I didn't want both my fantasy teams to depend on him producing as a RB1.  I actually acquired Julio in a trade in 2013 in one of my leagues and within a week he was out for the season so I know the risk all too well yet I still traded for him last year in that league.    

Just got done with my draft. 10 team

QB: Matt Ryan

RB: Matt Forte

RB: Lamar Miller

WR: Odell Beckham Jr.

WR: Emmanuel Sanders

TE: Julius Thomas

Flex: Larry Fitzgerald

D/ST: NYJ

K: Adam Vinatieri

Tom Brady

Tevin Coleman

Dwayne Allen

Fred Jackson

Montee Ball

First draft in the books. Ppr. 10 team league

Qb- P. Manning

Wr- Calvin Johnson

Wr- DeSean Jackson

Rb- Lavean Bell

Rb- LeSean Mccoy

TE- Jimmy Graham

Flex- Doug Martin

Defense/st- Houston

Kicker- Chandler Cantazaro

Bn- wr Devin Funchess

Bn- wr Eddie Royal

Bn- rb dangelo williams

Bn- rb devonta freeman

Bn- qb teddy Bridgwater

Bn- te kyle Rudolph

Edited by nando714

I had my other draft and true to form it was the most unpredictable one even though I know the tendencies of some of the owners.  I ended up with guys who I didn't think would be there or there was a run on a position and I had to take a guy to fill a need.  This was with the 10th pick in a 14 team league and right now there's next to nothing available on the waiver wire:

QB - Tannehill

WR - OBJ, D. Adams

RB - CJ Anderson, A. Abdullah

TE - K. Rudolph

Flex - S. Johnson

K - McManus

DEF - GB

BN - D. Carr, L. Blount, R. Hill, M. Bryant, K. Stills, J. Thomas

I have Blount and Bryant on the bench right now because they're suspended 1 and 4 games respectively.  Every year I tell myself I'm not going to end up with a NE RB and for the last 3 years I've failed miserably at sticking to that and end up with a guy who may get 20 touches in a game or less than 5.  I didn't even mean to pick J. Thomas but I didn't have anyone queued up and ran out of time while looking at available players.  I took OBJ at 19 because I didn't think he'd be there and I had him higher than Cobb/AJ Green who were the next best WR's on the board.  I took Adbullah where I thought I might get him but had other guys ahead of him who I thought I'd have a chance at but they were all gone.  In a 14 team league looking at all the rosters no one has strong depth at the start of the season and you're counting on some guys to step up but I feel like my draft wasn't as good as last years.  I really need either Blount or Adullah to run away with the starting job or get 15-20 touches a game or I'm going to be stuck trying to figure out who to start each week.

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

Had my 10-team draft on Saturday.  QB-2 RB-3 WR-TE-K-D- Flex (open to any position) and Non-Sunday (again, open to any position not playing on Sunday).  The Flex and Non-Sunday positions make it super-desirable to have two/three solid QB's to start.

QB     Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Mark Sanchez

RB     Matt Forte, Arian Foster, Lat. Murray, Chris Ivory, Ronnie Hillman

WR    Julio Jones, Odell Beckham Jr., Golden Tate, Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Coleman

TE     Martellus Bennett

K       Justin Tucker, Josh Scobee

D       K.C. Chiefs