• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GDT 8/17 CHI @ LAA

Hollyw00d

Plus $2 million to not keep him next year, or $15 million to keep him. I can see this team keeping him too, limiting our options in FA. I'm tired of getting old players and hoping they turn it around. Pass.

According to stuff I've read, cash could come with an Utley trade and that could go towards the 2 million buy out for next year.  The 15 million only happens if he hits a certain amount of at bats this year and due to injury, it is mathematically impossible.

According to stuff I've read, cash could come with an Utley trade and that could go towards the 2 million buy out for next year.  The 15 million only happens if he hits a certain amount of at bats this year and due to injury, it is mathematically impossible.

I thought that could still pick up the option but I could be wrong. I'd still pass since the reports are that he would actually DH a lot and I would rather see if Cron play every day to see what we have going into next season. 

According to stuff I've read, cash could come with an Utley trade and that could go towards the 2 million buy out for next year. The 15 million only happens if he hits a certain amount of at bats this year and due to injury, it is mathematically impossible.

Nothing is mathematically impossible, ask Joyce and Iannetta.

I thought that could still pick up the option but I could be wrong. I'd still pass since the reports are that he would actually DH a lot and I would rather see if Cron play every day to see what we have going into next season. 

Nope regarding the option.  There aren't enough at bats left in the season for him.  I'd only support getting Utley if he was to play 2B full time.  They definitely shouldn't get him just to DH.

Edited by VariousCrap

Nope regarding the option.  There aren't enough at bats left in the season for him.  I'd only support getting Utley if he was to play 2B full time.  They definitely shouldn't get him just to DH.

According to ettin, and I'm sure he did his research, you are incorrect. They become club options between $5-11 million based on DL time. So, yes he still would have an option at a lower value, but anything over $5 million is way too much to pay for him IMO.

http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/22626-should-the-angels-chase-chase/

Edited by HeavenlyHalos