• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Scioscia: "We're gonna turn the page"

`

Of course lol we as fans care more about this collapse than Scisocia does, that's why I haven't spent a dime on this team since dipoto took off and I don't plan to. Why the **** would I waste my hard earned money on this train wreck of an organization. Arte put this team in a shitty situation very quickly.

You're more of a critic than a fan. Life is short enjoy each and every game.

No wonder this team has zero sense of urgency. It's always rainbows and unicorns with these complacent, mediocre, pieces of shit.

Once again, the Angels will never win with Scioscia as their manager.

Any manager who dwells on the negative past is the loser.   Everything negative that happens to all of us yesterday and all the days before can't be changed, it just sucks the life out of the times and days ahead.  So how long to you want to sit around and feel bad about things that can't be changed, you can sit in front of your computer and bash away at all the negatives all night.  Personally this is my last post of the night, I looking forward to tomorrow, screw all the negative crap that happened today, baseball or otherwise.

Edited by tomsred

Any manager who dwells on the negative past is the loser. Everything negative that happens to all of us yesterday and all the days before can't be changed, it just sucks the life out of the times and days ahead. So how long to you want to sit around and feel bad about things that can't be changed, you can sit in front of your computer and bash away at all the negatives all night. Personally this is my last post of the night, I looking forward to tomorrow, screw all the negative crap that happened today, baseball or otherwise.

The past can be used to try and change the future, which never happens with this team.

You get better by analyzing your past and dissecting it versus just wiping the slate clean and acting like it never happened.

Your stance doesn't play in the world of professional sports.

Let's create a thread to reiterate one of the reasons we don't like Scioscia. The most ridiculous part is the notion that the players are complacent because of quotes Scioscia makes to the media. It's like the fans think because they hear quotes they know what he says to the players. Tonight's loss was on Huston Street.

The past can be used to try and change the future, which never happens with this team.

You get better by analyzing your past and dissecting it versus just wiping the slate clean and acting like it never happened.

Your stance doesn't play in the world of professional sports.

Didn't the team win a division championship last season?

Let's create a thread to reiterate one of the reasons we don't like Scioscia. The most ridiculous part is the notion that the players are complacent because of quotes Scioscia makes to the media. It's like the fans think because they hear quotes they know what he says to the players. Tonight's loss was on Huston Street.

Does this Angels team look like a team that has the passion and drive to excel in a pennant run outside of maybe Trout and Calhoun? They are boring and non-chalant, just like Scioscia.

For me, it's been less of an X and O problem (for lack of a better term) with Scioscia. It's been an attitude/approach/intangibles problem that I have with Scioscia. Killer instinct is the last descriptor that would ever be attached to a Scioscia ran team.

Didn't the team win a division championship last season?

Big whoop. Throttled Oakland/Texas/Seattle/Houston and then got completely embarrassed come playoff time. Hot team or not in KC, they should not have steamrolled a 98-win team like that if the Angels were so great.

Edited by robblin17

Does this Angels team look like a team that has the passion and drive to excel in a pennant run outside of maybe Trout and Calhoun? They are boring and non-chalant, just like Scioscia.

For me, it's been less of an X and O problem (for lack of a better term) with Scioscia. It's been an attitude/approach/intangibles problem that I have with Scioscia. Killer instinct is the last descriptor that would ever be attached to a Scioscia ran team.

No it doesn't look like it has a lot of energy, it is tough to look like you have energy when you are losing six times a week. What would energy have done today? Would it have made Iannetta not strike out? Or made Street throw strikes? The team is subject to prolonged slump because the talent simply isn't there. There are literally only five or six pieces of this team with a track record of success. Trout, Albert, Kole, Aybar, Street, Weaver, Smith, Baylor and Scioscia.

No it doesn't look like it has a lot of energy, it is tough to look like you have energy when you are losing six times a week. What would energy have done today? Would it have made Iannetta not strike out? Or made Street throw strikes? The team is subject to prolonged slump because the talent simply isn't there. There are literally only five or six pieces of this team with a track record of success. Trout, Albert, Kole, Aybar, Street, Weaver, Smith, Baylor and Scioscia.

Okay, well if the "talent isn't there" wouldn't it make sense that this team be better in areas they can control? If we are so bad and so inept shouldn't we be nails when it comes to the fundamentals? Making the right play, getting bunts down, situational hitting, base running, using data as much as possible to put our untalented team in a position to succeed?

Or is this team just a bunch of untalented morons? I have a hard time believing we are THIS bad. I have a hard time believing the CWS are a more talented team than we are.

Shit, KC went hitless for nine-innings and still won. Drew effin Butera worked a BB knowing that was his only real shot at getting on base. Alex effin Rios hit the sac-fly needed to get the job done. They did not do anything special tonight to beat us. We continually beat ourselves over and over and over and to me, it doesn't seem like as much of a lack of talent as it does a lack of fundamentals, discipline and attention to detail. Those areas can be addressed if the focus of the coaching staff lies in those areas.

Strad, the players are playing like shit but they look completely unprepared. When was the last game they teed off on a starter? It's been weeks. Street should know that he can throw underhand to Butera and get him out. And putting the go ahead run on 1st base rather than trusting Street was questionable at best. Then not doing the same in the 10th makes me wonder if Scioscia just randomly does shit. You can't honestly tell me you believe the coaching staff is doing their job