• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels' Taylor Featherston trying to learn on the job

I haven't understood why the organization thinks Featherston is an answer to anything. He is not good defensively, obviously completely overmatched offensively and is an average runner at best. You can find a plethora of guys like him in the minors. Why waste a roster spot for a AAA utility guy.

Edited by TroutCron

I haven't understood why the organization thinks Featherston is an answer to anything. He is not good defensively, obviously completely overmatched offensively and is an average runner at best. You can find a plethora of guys like him in the minors. Why waste a roster spot for a AAA utility guy.

I have to agree with this. There's nothing Featherston has shown that would justify giving up a MLB roster spot for him, much less playing him so often.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

Those that say he's really good in the field need to watch some more. He seems to be a liability there as well

Well...Gubi..who has seen every game..said on the National Broadcast today that he's excellent of defense, with a strong arm...this coming AFTER yesterday's bad throw on the DP...and today's base straddle of the double up.

He has a strong arm and will be a plus defender. Would this board be happier if Ryan Jackson would have been our utility guy all season? He's only playing this much because of injuries. I don't like the entire concept of The Rule 5 guy. It basically throws away a year of regular at bats or reps against players you should be playing against and puts you up against the best players in the world.

He has a strong arm and will be a plus defender. Would this board be happier if Ryan Jackson would have been our utility guy all season? He's only playing this much because of injuries. I don't like the entire concept of The Rule 5 guy. It basically throws away a year of regular at bats or reps against players you should be playing against and puts you up against the best players in the world.

Yes. Ryan Jackson is better than Taylor Featherston.