• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Discarcina

mram197

This team seems to enjoy screwing up.  Laughing on their way back to the dugout, giving guys high fives and congratulating them for getting picked off or thrown out in run downs.  There is no accountability.  Nobody is getting fired, nothing will change.  This team will continue to screw up every day, they will continue to have fun, nobody will care.  Arte will happily write the check, because his mang will hang out with him and show him some cool vacation spots in the offseason.  I bet nobody in the Angels organization will even admit theres a problem.  You could ask them why every game they do something horribly stupid on the bases, and they will probably just tell you that they are playing good hard baseball.  

I completely agree, but I was surprised by this:

@JeffFletcherOCR: The Angels have had 16 runners thrown out at the plate this year, which is tied for 2nd most in the AL. Astros have also had 16.

If anyone keeps track of outs on the bases id love to see that statistic.  Id wager a guess the Angels lead the league in outs recorded on the basepaths not accounting for force outs.  

If anyone keeps track of outs on the bases id love to see that statistic. Id wager a guess the Angels lead the league in outs recorded on the basepaths not accounting for force outs.

the angels have been 1st or 2nd for the last 8 plus years.. lol at you guys blamimg the 3b coach when 100 percent of the blame goes to scioscia. Edited by Poozy

This team seems to enjoy screwing up. Laughing on their way back to the dugout, giving guys high fives and congratulating them for getting picked off or thrown out in run downs. There is no accountability. Nobody is getting fired, nothing will change. This team will continue to screw up every day, they will continue to have fun, nobody will care. Arte will happily write the check, because his mang will hang out with him and show him some cool vacation spots in the offseason. I bet nobody in the Angels organization will even admit theres a problem. You could ask them why every game they do something horribly stupid on the bases, and they will probably just tell you that they are playing good hard baseball.

I get your anger ... but enough with the accountability bullshit.

Scioscia preaches the overaggressive base running and Disar is simply a faithful disciple.

Even if everything goes perfectly to plan, all the overaggresive base running accomplishses is help the team pile on runs against crappy teams with bad defense that they should be beating anyway. It's a recipe for getting swept (or nearly swept) by teams with excellent defensive players, like the Royals. 

It is both Disar's incompetence and Scioscia's overall aggressive philosophy that have lead to this. This season it does feel worse, which could be because we are 21st in OBP but 2nd in OOB. We aren't getting on base that often and still make a ton of outs when they do get on. We have kept the aggressive style of play despite having a slow team. I have always thought that good coaches adapt their style to the team that they have, which I don't believe is the case at all this season.