• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should the Angels Chase Chase?

Stoneman is aware it is 2015 and not 1995?

Good thinking.....trade for someone who is old and slow to help this team.  How about taking the money planning to be spent on Utley and investing it into international scouting?  It is not sexy but it makes more sense to me.

I am not sure why Utley would choose the Angels over the other options.

Because the weather is nice here, he went to UCLA, Mike Trout and Albert Pujols are here, most players love playing for Mike Scioscia, the owner is wealthy, it's a big money market for endorsements, he can buy a beach home on the lovely Pacific, his wife's family is only 400 miles away in San Francisco, and we have In-N-Out Burgers (this one's for you Strad!).

FxCam_1309226139151.jpg

Edited by tomsred

Because the weather is nice here, he went to UCLA, Mike Trout and Albert Pujols are here, most players love playing for Mike Scioscia, the owner is wealthy, it's a big money market for endorsements, his wife's family is only 400 miles away in San Francisco, and we have In-N-Out Burgers (this one's for you Strad!).

FxCam_1309226139151.jpg

Thanks brother

The cost of Utley would be minimal. If he costs guys I've heard of, then I probably wouldn't acquire him. Also, it's not like he would take playing time from a guy who's major league ready. I doubt he would play ahead of Cron.

I don't know... Gonzalez makes it seem like he sure would. Cron has been playing the best he ever has for us and it would be a shame to option him back down to AAA. He already isn't starting every day, which makes no sense. Then again, nothing this organization has done this year has made a lot of sense.

Because the weather is nice here, he went to UCLA, Mike Trout and Albert Pujols are here, most players love playing for Mike Scioscia, the owner is wealthy, it's a big money market for endorsements, he can buy a beach home on the lovely Pacific, his wife's family is only 400 miles away in San Francisco, and we have In-N-Out Burgers (this one's for you Strad!).

FxCam_1309226139151.jpg

Sure, but other than those reasons why would he?

Sure, but other than those reasons why would he?

How many more do you want?  I've lived in Chicago, and I've lived here among other places.  Chicago is too hot, then too cold, too windy, rain/thunderstorms/tornadoes, it's very insect infested, the team doesn't win division championships much less a World Series, the owners are off and on committed, the ball park is odd and old, you have to listen to a dead man sing the national anthem every home game, people smoke at a higher rate than here, mid westerners are extremely conservative and many times bigoted, some of the neighborhoods look like brick prison camps, you have to play against St. Louis a lot, don't go downtown after dark, many people have to take a train to work, and you have to drive hundreds of miles to find anything of interest.  This is heaven compared to Chicago.

Edited by tomsred

How many more do you want? I've lived in Chicago, and I've lived here among other places. Chicago is too hot, then too cold, too windy, rain/thunderstorms/tornadoes, it's very insect infested, the team doesn't win division championships much less a World Series, the owners are off and on committed, the ball park is odd and old, you have to listen to a dead man sing the national anthem every home game, people smoke at a higher rate than here, mid westerners are extremely conservative and many times bigoted, some of the neighborhoods look like brick prison camps, you have to play against St. Louis a lot, don't go downtown after dark, many people have to take a train to work, and you have to drive hundreds of miles to find anything of interest. This is heaven compared to Chicago.

So he should be making concessions to join the Angels. I'm all for it then.

This isn't the solution but we have got to address 2nd base. I've been behind Giavotella but his defense is awful, you just can't botch routine plays especially when you don't have the bat to make up for it. Left, catcher, and 2nd should be the priorities, followed by the bullpen, finding an ace, and 3rd.