• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Waiver pickup possibilities

mram197

Assuming Stoneman isn't satisfied with the clusterf#! That is our offense thoughts on any waiver picks that the angels may pull the trigger on...

Marlon Byrd for LF. Cincinnati has no need for him. His contract option vests if he reaches 550 plate appearances. A slight platoon could keep him from reaching that number with the angels and thereby make him a one year rental Player. He would have to pass through National League waivers though.

Chase Utley. 3B or DH. Is option probably would invest given the lack of plate appearances. Would have to pass through National League waivers. He could DH or share 3B with freeze and let him DH.

Rajai Davis LF.

Trumbo LF or DH. Seattle is its own shi#$torm. Maybe they are willing to sell off peripheral talent like trumbo on a buy low

Not worth it. This isn't a WS contender. Stay the course and figure out how to address as many of the issues this roster has in the offseason. One or 2 pieces aren't fixing things. They need about 4-5 additions on offense + bullpen, and while I don't see them doing it, I wish they would go hard for a top tier FA starter. The team doesn't have a legit go-to Ace that they can lean on in a short series

Not worth it. This isn't a WS contender. Stay the course and figure out how to address as many of the issues this roster has in the offseason. One or 2 pieces aren't fixing things. They need about 4-5 additions on offense + bullpen, and while I don't see them doing it, I wish they would go hard for a top tier FA starter. The team doesn't have a legit go-to Ace that they can lean on in a short series

LF

3B

2B

DH

C

MANAGER

For starters.

Does anyone notice how every pitcher that throws against us "works quickly" according to Gubi, whereas our pitchers labor forever, even if they aren't getting scored on?

Also, when our pitchers have men on base, we take forever to get to the plate. But when we have men on base, the other pitchers don't even worry about our guys standing there.

We are so outclassed by all these teams.

I agree that this team is seriously flawed most of the American league. Realistically hole holes only has about 2 to 3 productive years left in him.

This team still has a chance to make the playoffs. Once you make the playoffs anything could happen.

Making some minor mousse for some French minor league players couldn't hurt any long term fixes this offseason.

Btw, for all the trumbo hate you still better than anything else they have in left field or DH

I agree that this team is seriously flawed most of the American league. Realistically hole holes only has about 2 to 3 productive years left in him.

This team still has a chance to make the playoffs. Once you make the playoffs anything could happen.

Making some minor mousse for some French minor league players couldn't hurt any long term fixes this offseason.

Btw, for all the trumbo hate you still better than anything else they have in left field or DH

We should do exactly this.

I don't think anything will help waiver wise.

The question I have is. If CJ or Pujols get claimed on waivers. And usually everyone is put on waivers, so don't give me this rookie they won't be put on waivers. You have to say take them right?

Pujols has a no-trade and no one will claim him with that contract. Also a player can't be traded while on the DL so CJ isn't going anywhere. Edited by HBMike