• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto -- Red Sox

Until Dipoto explains why he resigned I don't think anyone really knows what happened. We know he quit. We know there was disagreement about who gives the player the scouting analytics. Dipoto said it was best for him and the team to step down.

That is all we know.

It was not out of the blue. Things clearly had been bad for months and Arte sided with Scioscia and so Dipoto had had enough.

Read my previous post. No one said he wouldn't get a job in baseball. Many said JD would get a new GM job by this winter. I tresponded by saying he won't be a GM any time soon because how he left.

JD was hired as an advisor. Thay is not a GM job.

I hope that eases your confuaion.

quote name="Catwhoshatinthehat" post="649502" timestamp="1439411387"]

I'm confused since some people here were adamant that he was letting this franchise down by not sticking it out and no one would want to hire him because of it.

Read my previous post. No one said he wouldn't get a job in baseball. Many said JD would get a new GM job by this winter. I tresponded by saying he won't be a GM any time soon because how he left.

JD was hired as an advisor. Thay is not a GM job.

I hope that eases your confuaion.

quote name="Catwhoshatinthehat" post="649502" timestamp="1439411387"]

I'm confused since some people here were adamant that he was letting this franchise down by not sticking it out and no one would want to hire him because of it.

You went on and on about how he bailed on the team and was hurting his future employment opportunities:

http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/21653-rosenthal-tensions-return-between-front-office-scioscia-update-dipoto-resigns/page-41

"Because an employee with character doesn't bail in the middle of the season. Dipoto is seriously hurting has future. Maybe that is why there is a reconsideration on both ends."

http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/21653-rosenthal-tensions-return-between-front-office-scioscia-update-dipoto-resigns/page-44

"Because bailing in the middle of the season shows lack of commitment to the players and team he built. Thus hurting your future employment opportunities."

http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/21653-rosenthal-tensions-return-between-front-office-scioscia-update-dipoto-resigns/page-45

"Quitting at the end of the season wouldn't have hurt his future. Quitting in the middle of a playoff race devestates it. Sorry if that is hard for people to understand."

Even better than those quotes and the others like it was you talking down to everyone because of whatever professional athletic experience you had that convinced you the team and players felt let down that he didn't wait until the end of the season.  Jeff Fletcher squashed that with one sentence telling you that you were wrong.

Edit - he actually did it in multiple sentences and oddly enough you stopped posting after his response: http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/21717-dipoto-speaks/page-8?hl=dipoto

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

So is the blind support. You guys bitch after every loss... Dipoto built this team.

and its the big catorce's fault entirely, namely he has not adequately inspired the team with analytics to hit well or to move fast enough to cover 2b well etc or sign autographs for people....and Arte, cuz he pays for the team.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Jerry should had never been fired! Scioscia ego is inflated. Look at Pujols now for running his trap that contributed for  Jerry getting Fired. He's been playing like horse shit. Players should STFU when it comes to upper management decisions. There job it to play the game. Especially Pujols making all that cash, stick to your job requirements

and its the big catorce's fault entirely, namely he has not adequately inspired the team with analytics to hit well or to move fast enough to cover 2b well etc or sign autographs for people....and Arte, cuz he pays for the team.

At the very least Scioscia is openly hurting the team's run scoring ability by not firing Disarcina and Griffin, and continuing to dole out congratulations and high fives for people who run into easy outs. 

Also, the Pujols contract is partially responsible for Arte no longer being named on the list of the top 1000 wealthiest billionaires. If he's not careful, dicey on field and front office management may result in Moreno falling out of the three comma club completely, which would cause him to be stuck with a car whose doors open like this:

2004-maserati-coupe-2dr-cpe-gold_1000652

not like this:

vd-doors-1.jpg

not like this:

2013-Mercedes-Benz-SLS-AMG-GT-Coupe-fron

I made reference to the HBO series Silicon Valley, Season 2. Those who don't mind being spoiled may want to view this video 

Edited by ScottLux

ScottLux, 

I see that you 2 are seemingly sickened by vehicles who's doors open like this

2004-maserati-coupe-2dr-cpe-gold_1000652

as opposed to like this, 

2013-Mercedes-Benz-SLS-AMG-GT-Coupe-fron

or this 

vd-doors-1.jpg

if, in fact Arturo Moreno has been reduced to the utilization of a vehicle that lacks vertical doors then no doubt he is greatly distressed and will probably sell the team in order to raise the appropriate capital to reacquire said vehicle.  I see now how this could be the fault of Albert Pujols.  However, would Jerry DiPoto not also have a hand in the greatly diminished wealth of Arturo Moreno and thus be partially responsible for the above discussed travesty ?

Sir,

I wonder, what are your thoughts on extremely expensive various meats and tequila ?

Edited by UndertheHalo

You went on and on about how he bailed on the team and was hurting his future employment opportunities:

http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/21653-rosenthal-tensions-return-between-front-office-scioscia-update-dipoto-resigns/page-41

"Because an employee with character doesn't bail in the middle of the season. Dipoto is seriously hurting has future. Maybe that is why there is a reconsideration on both ends."

http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/21653-rosenthal-tensions-return-between-front-office-scioscia-update-dipoto-resigns/page-44

"Because bailing in the middle of the season shows lack of commitment to the players and team he built. Thus hurting your future employment opportunities."

http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/21653-rosenthal-tensions-return-between-front-office-scioscia-update-dipoto-resigns/page-45

"Quitting at the end of the season wouldn't have hurt his future. Quitting in the middle of a playoff race devestates it. Sorry if that is hard for people to understand."

Even better than those quotes and the others like it was you talking down to everyone because of whatever professional athletic experience you had that convinced you the team and players felt let down that he didn't wait until the end of the season.  Jeff Fletcher squashed that with one sentence telling you that you were wrong.

Edit - he actually did it in multiple sentences and oddly enough you stopped posting after his response: http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/topic/21717-dipoto-speaks/page-8?hl=dipoto

Can someone call the police? I'd like to report a murder.