• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lets look at the bright side

Rangers could easily pass us for the division, and Toronto and Baltimore are playing like they want to be there in October. Yankees could end up as one of the wild cards with the Jays winning the division.

We're no lock for the postseason, not by any means. Yes, right now we're hanging on, but that means very little. 

Edited by fan_since79

Rangers could easily pass us for the division, and Toronto and Baltimore are playing like they want to be there in October. Yankees could end up as one of the wild cards with the Jays winning the division.

We're no lock for the postseason, not by any means. Yes, right now we're hanging on, but that means very little. 

Thats true but like I said we arent the only team in MLB to struggle this year.  Its a weird season with a lot of parity.  The fact that we are slumping harder than any team over the last couple weeks and still are right there with a playoff spot says a lot.  If this team ever decides to get motivated and play baseball the way they are capable of, we wont have any problems.

The other alternative, we continue this crap tastic slide, Arte hopefully gets pissed and makes some changes this offseason.  I think even he is not stupid enough to believe this team is playing to their potential.  His checkbook certainly would attest to that. 

We just beat Baltimore 2 out of 3, so we must also be playing like we want to be there, just kidding. I don't think either of those teams deserve to be there. To me it should be:

KC

Astros

Yankees

Toronto

Angels

If we get beat out by Baltimore it is because they have better hitters up and down their line up, it sucks, but it is true. They are arguably better offensively at 6 of the 9 positions, and that is with me giving us the edge with Albert.

We just beat Baltimore 2 out of 3, so we must also be playing like we want to be there, just kidding. I don't think either of those teams deserve to be there. To me it should be:

KC

Astros

Yankees

Toronto

Angels

If we get beat out by Baltimore it is because they have better hitters up and down their line up, it sucks, but it is true. They are arguably better offensively at 6 of the 9 positions, and that is with me giving us the edge with Albert.

We shouldn't be this bad offensively.  I think on paper our offense is as good as any in the American League besides Toronto or KC.  And I think we would certainly be better offensively than Baltimore.

The problem has to be the coaching, the plate approaches, and the baserunning.  We shouldnt be getting shut out like this and having pathetic offensive games all the time.  The crappiest pitchers are able to mow through this lineup with ease.  I find it hard to believe anyone thinks the offense is performing the way it should.  

Theres still time to fix it but if this season does go down the drain, it will be because the organization is run horribly, not so much the personnel.  This team has the talent to win imo.  

We shouldn't be this bad offensively.  I think on paper our offense is as good as any in the American League besides Toronto or KC.  And I think we would certainly be better offensively than Baltimore.

The problem has to be the coaching, the plate approaches, and the baserunning.  We shouldnt be getting shut out like this and having pathetic offensive games all the time.  The crappiest pitchers are able to mow through this lineup with ease.  I find it hard to believe anyone thinks the offense is performing the way it should.  

Theres still time to fix it but if this season does go down the drain, it will be because the organization is run horribly, not so much the personnel.  This team has the talent to win imo.  

Unfortunately, I think we are this bad offensively.  Maybe something to the tune of a little below average.  We haven't had an adequate lead off hitter all year.  LF and catching are at the bottom offensively.  I believe Pujols is physically hurt, not surprising given his age.  DH has also been a trouble spot, and having to use Cron at first base is a defensive liability.  The bullpen is not deep enough.  The farm system can't support the big club adequately as temporary replacements are needed.  There is no team speed to speak of.  3B is a revolving door, and there is no sure answer in sight.  I can't see fixing enough of that to change a bad outcome.  Managerial and coaching changes could help in the long run, but I really can't see it overcoming the obstacles above in the short run (next couple of years).

We should push on obviously, try to finish this year as best as we can.  We have some call ups in three weeks to look at, and evaluate for the future.  Make some big decisions in the off season.  This year we need to find some luck in a bottle to avoid an unpleasant ending.

The bright side is that I'm more sure now than I've ever been that they will look to add a few offensive pieces in free agency and via trade this coming off season. 

We ain't got anybody to trade, sans Trout.  Unless starting pitching is on the table (Newcomb, Heaney, Tropeano, Richards, Santiago, and to some lesser extent, Shoebacca).

Moreno needs to say Fuc* it and spend some money for some offense, if there is some to spend on.

Here's some positive:

"It's kind of like we've got blinders on. We're just playing the game, just trying to beat the game through execution -- it doesn't matter who's on the other side. I've always liked the phrase, 'Beat the game through execution.' If you really understand that -- I've talked about the relentless execution of fundamentals and technique. When you're able to do that and understand it's about beating the game of baseball on a nightly basis, you'll do well." --Joe Maddon

Compare that to what Scioscia babbles, when asked a question.