• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols

seenoevil

He may not have a great Angels player legacy, but there are two things he will always have:  1) a great St. Louis Cardinal legacy, and 2) a great off the field charitable legacy.  He's a great human being regardless of what he achieves as an Angel player.

That may be so, but we havent won a World Series since 2002, and having Pujols take up a large chunk of payroll for 10 years while not producing will make it that much harder for us to get another one.  After his career is over if we still have nothing to show for it and he continues to be a .250 hitter who cant drive in runs, he wont be appreciated in Anaheim.  Im pretty sure nobody in Southern California gives a crap about what he did as a Cardinal.  

He may not have a great Angels player legacy, but there are two things he will always have:  1) a great St. Louis Cardinal legacy, and 2) a great off the field charitable legacy.  He's a great human being regardless of what he achieves as an Angel player.

If this were Cardinalswin.com, that would be a fantastic post.

I don't want to discredit health when talking about his decline, but stats like the one in this thread are really eye opening about what is a significant problem. There is no reason for a batter to hit worse with RISP unless you have a different approach with RISP. 

It started with the month+ without a homerun. How does Albert Pujols go 35-40 games without a homerun, at the beginning of his Angel career? He's trying too hard. Why does he suck with RISP? He's trying too hard. Why did he suck his last year with St. Louis, after they offered him a contract half of what the Angels ultimately gave him? The dude has a screw loose. He's had so much success that he can't bring himself to admit his shortcomings and to ultimately allow himself to make the needed adjustments. 

I feel like Albert is going to look back at his career, with the best 10 year stretch to start a career of any player in the history of the game, and ask himself why he ended up being just another Hall of Famer. I'm sure he'll chalk it up to his bad legs, or PED users, or the offensive environment or more likely he'll keep on lumping himself in with guys like Ruth, Aaron and Williams.

you can tell he is frustrated

when he hit the fly ball yesterday and tossed his bat you could see it in his face

maybe he does need a "mental" day and should sit out tonight's game just to take a breather

but i dont think he is done by any means, i think he needs to concentrate more on putting the ball in play instead of trying to hit a home run at every at bat

I agree his legs are shot again. Could be from overuse, but he's also appeared to have tweaked a hammy and a calf running down the line this season a few times. He always waves off the trainers, because I think he has too much pride. It's gotta be he legs giving out on him again. Whatever it is, he knows what it is.

At the end of the season they'll reveal he was fighting a minor injury and then in spring training we'll hear about how he's finally 100% again. And then another minor injury will happen and he'll battle it all next year, and be back to 100% for spring training 2017. And then...

My personal opinion, He's needs more games off his feet. Might be time for him to be a regular DH. He didn't hit like he did earlier this season by accident.

He actually didn't hit that well at the beginning of the season.  If you look at his stats by month, he just had an insane June.  The other months have been anywhere from pedestrian to awful.

April: .208/.291/.364

May: .271/.301/.533

June: .303/.395/.737

July: .224/.269/.439

August: .250/.308/.278

He actually didn't hit that well at the beginning of the season.  If you look at his stats by month, he just had an insane June.  The other months have been anywhere from pedestrian to awful.

April: .208/.291/.364

May: .271/.301/.533

June: .303/.395/.737

July: .224/.269/.439

August: .250/.308/.278

The theory would make more sense if he was better in April, but really I think fatigue is a part of this. Could be completely wrong.