• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Red Rhino

Ha!  Not likely.

Entertainment device that allows you to watch movies/tv or listen to music for just the cost of the device ($300).  Basically like the old days of downloading torrents except you have nothing stored on your computers, so no illegal activity.  You can literally search for anything, from Netflix originals to "in-theatre" movies, and as long as someone is hosting the information worldwide there are sources from which to stream.  

The "in-theatre" movies are not HD quality, but I have watched a few things that were HD for my kids (Home, Maleficent) and a few things that I like (Hannibal, The Wire).  I am going to play with this for the next few days, and if all goes well, I'll cancel DirecTV soon.

Just scanning highly rated TV shows gives me every season and episode of:  Band Of Brothers, Breaking Bad, Planet Earth, Game of Thrones, Cosmos:  Spacetime Odyssey, The World at War, The Wire, True Detective, House of Cards, etc.  Completely reliant on strong internet but if it works well, shutting down cable, netflix for starters.  Although this has the capability of streaming live tv for local channels, not sure if it will be HD quality.  Might need to look into a high quality external antenna.

Edited by HaloWHAM!

So, it's kind of like your buddy stealing a car, and knowing he stole the car you take it out for a test drive...but it's not in your garage so it's cool?

Probably more like he stole it and I'm watching it through his window....while I call out shows for him to search.  I don't know how it works but I can legally buy it and use it.