• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dirtbags Longoria, Weaver & Tulo to donate $10 Million to Renovate Blair Field!

Go Beach!

We Dirtbags are really looking forward to our new digs!  Of course, I'll miss the old place.  The locker rooms were like cellars, except you climbed stairs into them from the dugout (They revamped the new home team room a couple seasons ago, when the team switched over to the third base side).

The plan includes shortening the outfield fences as well.  Right now, it's 348 down the lines and a country mile to center...  They will keep the old wall behind the new one.  I'd like them to add some outfield bleachers, but I don't think it will happen (Maybe if they ever actually win an NCAA Championship, we'll start getting some of that back-East fan support!).  

I think the mini-practice field is interesting, and I hope they'll open that space up for the kids to run around on during games since it's replacing the greenbelt area that's there now.

Looking at the picture, I'm curious to know where the grounds crew equipment will be stored.  Some of it is in a garage next to the restrooms on the first base side, and the rest was in the garage near the third base side greenbelt.

Doesn't seem like they'll get it started before this next season, so I'll be out there taking lots of pictures!  Our Alumni Game/intersquad is usually played at the end of January, so I'll also plan to do a video-tour of the park as well.

By the way, there are MANY donors to this project.  Lots of Pro-Alumni, regular Schmo-Alumni, and private donors.

Here's your link!

http://ballparkdigest.com/201101303506/college-baseball/news/renovations-pitched-for-blair-field

• 2 weeks later...