• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GOP Debate

been interesting to watch tonight. got there a bit late, but think there has been quality discussion. Gov. Kasech seems a bit overwhelmed at times. I think Ben Carson is holding his own pretty well (he did well answering about hilary). Rand Paul has not looked very good at stretches, too confrontational. My wife doesn't like him at all. I think Gov. Walker has done pretty well, also.

I'd like to see Gov. Christie get more questions. Cruz and Rubio just seem like the same guy to me.

great line from ben carson in his closing statements. he was mentioning how he hadn't said he was the first or only to do something, so he said "i'm the only one up here to operate on siamese twins, to operate on a baby still in the womb, and the only one to remove half of a brain, though if you've been to washington you'd think someone beat me to it."

i think huckabee did alright, too, but i don't think he has nearly enough support.

trump looked weak. i think the lack of preparation really was evident. maybe he approaches the next debate differently.

Kasech kept trying to focus on all the jobs he created, not really answering questions very well.

Jeb Bush did better than i expected.

Oh! Just occurred to me that tonight is also the last Daily Show for Jon. Wonder if that gets any love/attention?

(I'm looking at you, Von.)

I was wondering that but since Fox News is hosting the debate you knew they wouldn't mention it.

My favorite part about Trump is he talked about how big our deficit is... and also wants to build a wall across the border and increase the size of the military.

Actually, all of these idiots talked about increasing the size and activity of the military while also asking for tax cuts etc.

I saw 15 minutes of it. I liked Rand's answer about Iran and Marriage, but he definitely came off as arrogant and snobby. He's the only guy I have even a mild interest in. 

Marco Rubio's ears are ginormous. 

My favorite part about Trump is he talked about how big our deficit is... and also wants to build a wall across the border and increase the size of the military.

Actually, all of these idiots talked about increasing the size and activity of the military while also asking for tax cuts etc.

Brah, Mexico is gonna pay for the wall.

Its' interesting how people with different political views can watch the same debate and come away with such vastly different opinions.

Overall it wasn't nearly as comical as I thought it would be...but I did find it depressing and sad...most likely people I don't agree with any of those people on much.

I though the Fox moderation was pretty bad, the introductions were embarrassing and had the appearance that these were contestants at a beauty pageant...but maybe that isn't far off. Having 10 people on stage pretty much makes it impossible to have a substantive discussion.

My view of the candidates:

Trump - was what you would expect. He's a clown...if you like Trump, you liked his performance and his post performance whining. If you think he's a clown...he reinforced that opinion. Pretty clear Fox and the RNC would prefer him to go away.

Bush - didn't hurt himself, so in that case he probably helped himself. But I look at him and think...oh, look, GW's brother.

Walker - just comes off as smarmy...the ultimate money panderer. He's the preppy kid who nobody liked who ran for student council president. He's probably the most dangerous candidate up there as well. Didn't hurt himself last night.

Rubio - For the most part stayed on message. I still think he would have been better off waiting 4-8 years to run.Now he's given up his Senate seat for the Veep slot on the ticket. I think he had a pretty good night though. If he makes it out of the primary that abortion question is going to come back and haunt him though. I think he's an example of how the Republican primary process kills them in the general. Not just on abortion but how far he's had to back track on the immigration front as well.

Cruz - I'll give him this...you know what he stands for...he's batshit crazy...but you know what he stands for....because he'll grandstand with the best of them to make sure you know he's the purest of the pure

Carson - his 15 minutes aren't up yet? To me it's scary that someone that out of his league can be in the top 10.

Huckabee - Probably helped himself with the crowd he plays well to. But really...the military's job is to kill people and break things? Is it just me or has he become more spiteful over the years?

Christie - Personally I don't care for him, but I can see how he would play well with a blue collar crowd. I actually think he adds something to the debate, but his biggest downfall was displayed last night. For a certain part of the Republican party it is completely unacceptable to work with the Democratic Party, even if your state is under water and people are in dire straits. Another person who is hurt by the primary process.

Kasich - In my view he won, in large part because he will move himself up from the bottom of the top 10. He came off as credible and a pragmatist. His answer on gay marriage was a model for all future Republican candidates. At some point he'll have to provide more details on that budget surplus...(cough...cough...Clinton presidency and taxes were raised). His decision on Medicaid, while wrapped up in the bible...was pragmatic as well. I can't see him winning the nomination, but he could be a good pairing as part of a ticket.

Paul - what a smug little whiney prick. He's someone you just want to walk up and kick in the balls. When libertarians wonder why people put them on ignore after a few minutes...there's your example why.