• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

blowpen

stormngt

The bullpen threw six innings last night, giving up two runs. I'll take that any day.

The offense is embarrassing. The new GM is going to have a lot of work to do this off-season.

Get Cespedes (or someone else who can hit).

Get a catcher who can hit.

Get a 2nd baseman who can hit.

Let Freese go and get a 3rd baseman who can hit.

It might take a couple years to get all that done.

And the bullpen still has deep problems, even though they did well last night until Bedrosian arrived.

Get Cespedes (or someone else who can hit).

Get a catcher who can hit.

Get a 2nd baseman who can hit.

Let Freese go and get a 3rd baseman who can hit.

It might take a couple years to get all that done.

And the bullpen still has deep problems, even though they did well last night until Bedrosian arrived.

Sign Cespedes or Heyward

Sign Weiters if he shows he's recovered

Sign Howie

Call up Cowart

Move Skaggs to the pen for the year and have him "let it fly", he would raise his fb to 94-95.

I would think after their free agent failures, freese, Hamilton, Wilson (debatable) that Arte may not be in the mood to splash the cash.

Cespedes is ideal. If we got him, I could tolerate the C situation. Truth is I saw a tweet last night that the Angels team era is 2.20 since mid June. The catchers are a part of that success.

2b and 3b on the other hand...

If Freese is cheap, resign him. He isn't worth much and we aren't going to add a stud. Probably better for chemistry with fewer changes.

2b is going to be tough. Howie may not want to come back. The Dodgers will probably try to resign him before we get a chance. Might have to get another proven journeyman.

This team needs some regularity. I like bench flexibility, but this team has no speed, and frankly it's a joke we have 18 LFs. I know the club is resorting to piecemeal, but Christ we need a boost in the offense.

Yea Soto, I agree with most of this. I don't think it is a joke about the LF because they aren't really all there to play LF. Murphy is really the left handed DH and might play some LF when Albert is the DH and Cron plays first. DeJesus is versitile enough to play all three spots, so he is kind of like your more experienced version of Cowgill. Victorino, is the one that doesn't really fit, but if we were to make a run at the playoffs, at least he has been there before. I agree with the catcher situation, if you can't upgrade or if your budget doesn't allow for it, then bring them back. I probably wouldn't bring Freese back unless it is on a deal I could live with. I would rather have Cowart and Kubitza share those duties until one proves they can or they both prove they can't. I have no idea if Howie will come back, but I just have this feeling that the Dodgers will not resign him because they at some point are going to slow the spending down and use some of the guys they have, like Alex Guererro. As far as your regularity comment, I agree that is what we need from an offensive approach, however, I think we will see regularity with the starting rotation.

Again, trying to figure out what's so exciting about Cespedes.  In 2000 lifetime AB's, he's put up a .270 .317 OBP .790 OPS...decent pop but the dudes an out machine.  I think I read somewhere that he went an entire month without taking a walk.  If he repeated that performance here, peeps would be losing their minds.  Add to the fact that he'll be 30 next season and this is another contract that has disaster written all over it.

I get taking a chance on someone like Heyward...young next season (26), elite defender, solid OBP.  This is type of guy you sign for some vet presence yet won't have to worry about a steep decline in year 5 or 6.

Even someone like Gordon from KC if he opt out...he's older but, if he can be had reasonably, he's a solid hitter and defender who can play multiple positions.

Again, trying to figure out what's so exciting about Cespedes.  In 2000 lifetime AB's, he's put up a .270 .317 OBP .790 OPS...decent pop but the dudes an out machine.  I think I read somewhere that he went an entire month without taking a walk.  If he repeated that performance here, peeps would be losing their minds.  Add to the fact that he'll be 30 next season and this is another contract that has disaster written all over it.

I get taking a chance on someone like Heyward...young next season (26), elite defender, solid OBP.  This is type of guy you sign for some vet presence yet won't have to worry about a steep decline in year 5 or 6.

Even someone like Gordon from KC if he opt out...he's older but, if he can be had reasonably, he's a solid hitter and defender who can play multiple positions.

Cespedes had one of the most impressive defensive plays I've ever seen, throwing out Kendrick at home plate from the foul pole after provoking Kendrick to run home with a fake bobble. Based on that alone we should give him no less than 5 years / $50M

Edited by ScottLux

Cespedes had one of the most impressive defensive plays I've ever seen, throwing out Kendrick at home plate from the foul pole after provoking Kendrick to run home with a fake bobble. Based on that alone we should give him no less than 5 years / $50M

If it would only cost 5/$50 mil, I'd do it but it won't. 

If i read on here is true the Dogs have a lot of inexpensive mif options. Howie has made Socal his home. If the Dogs let him walk than he should want to come back.

I would think after their free agent failures, freese, Hamilton, Wilson (debatable) that Arte may not be in the mood to splash the cash.

Cespedes is ideal. If we got him, I could tolerate the C situation. Truth is I saw a tweet last night that the Angels team era is 2.20 since mid June. The catchers are a part of that success.

2b and 3b on the other hand...

If Freese is cheap, resign him. He isn't worth much and we aren't going to add a stud. Probably better for chemistry with fewer changes.

2b is going to be tough. Howie may not want to come back. The Dodgers will probably try to resign him before we get a chance. Might have to get another proven journeyman.

This team needs some regularity. I like bench flexibility, but this team has no speed, and frankly it's a joke we have 18 LFs. I know the club is resorting to piecemeal, but Christ we need a boost in the offense.