• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Heaney

nando714

last year he pitched 137 innings. the "safe" increase is usually 25% per year. that would put him just below 175 innings. the angels have 56 more games to play in the regular season, which would put him at 11 more starts. the average start is 6.X innings. so we'll say 66-75 innings because he's so awesome. that would put him at 190-199 innings total. 

so, if the angels start playing well and look like they're going to make the post season, then i could see them going to a 6 man rotation to preserve arms. i'd imagine that would be tropeano. if they fade out of contention, then i'd think they do as you imply and shut him down around the 175 innings mark. that would also leave him on track for a full workload next year as well, since he'd easily be able to increase to 200 innings, health allowing.

he's making that Kendrick trade look a little better.

Kendrick is having the solid year for the Dodgers we all knew he would.

And Kendrick sure seems to hit well against the Halos.......

But I understood the trade then and still do now -- and Heaney, if he keeps healthy and keeps going the way he has been, will be solid guy for our rotation for the next three to four years or so.

i'm not really sure how that applies to the question, but yes he's looking like a solid addition. it's not just that they're both having good seasons, but also the years of control the angels have with heaney. if this is the real him, and there's history to suggest that it is, then the angels dominated this trade and the dodgers wouldn't do it a second time.

i'm not really sure how that applies to the question, but yes he's looking like a solid addition. it's not just that they're both having good seasons, but also the years of control the angels have with heaney. if this is the real him, and there's history to suggest that it is, then the angels dominated this trade and the dodgers wouldn't do it a second time.

Oh I don't know, the Dodgers did save a lot of money passing him on to us.  He was there such a short time that they didn't have to buy him a uniform, or feed him for that matter.