• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

if we got into the one game playoff, who do we start?

Mad5577

Santiago or Heaney.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/LAA/2015.shtml

Santiago gets more strike outs & allows fewer walks than Richards.

Santiago has allowed nearly 1 less earned run per 9 innings than Richards.

His command has gotten better every season.

Heaney has the lowest FIP & ERA in the rotation. The fewest Walks per 9 innings, & the highest K/BB ratio in the rotation.

24 years old and a 1.4 BB/9 is awesome.

I trust Heaney more than Richards, less experience but his command is like he's been in the majors for many years.

If they plan on starting Santiago in game 1 of a 5 game playoff series they should probally use Heaney in the wild card game.

2 in loss column. The loss column is all that matters.

Ok but my main point was that the Halos are still chasing a team that is better at baseball than they are. Hopefully the Astros fall apart

Edited by Angels N Skins

First of all I would go with Richards

Second we are two games back of Houston. The loss column is all that matters. We can still win the division. But it is fair to say Houston maybe the better team.

Third. We are + 2 in the wild card. However there are four teams within 3.5. And there is a lot of baseball left. Both Toronto and Texas are vastly improved through trades. Both are surging. The wild card is no lock.

the final two months should be fun.

this past weekend sort of did it for me -- if we can't compete with the Dogs -- we're in trouble.

The loss to Kershaw is expected but being swept?  and after being swept by Houston?

YIKES!!

and, things had seemed to be going so well -- is this what happens when we play the better teams??? OUCH.

Seriously?

Yes. Weaver's home stats are crazy good. It's hard to ignore despite his velocity (which people have been complaining about for 3 years). It hasn't affected his home stats. I also figure the Angels will then start the next series on the road. I would rather have Richards start the next series on the road than Weaver taking one of those first two away games.

2 in loss column. The loss column is all that matters.

Actually, it's not. If the season ends and we're tied in the loss column but one game behind, we still lose.

There's too much emphasis on how far behind teams are in the loss column. If you're three games back, you're still three games back, even if you've played fewer games.

All this means is that we have to play two more games than the Astros for the rest of the year. Is that really so good?