• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Don't ever change, AJP

yk9001

Funny thing about that series is we still split with them in Chicago. Unfortunately the Angels offense decided not to show up games 3, 4, and 5. So I don't get why 10 yearsater people are still pissed about that play.

It's simple - because of a rainout Saturday night in NY, Sunday's rescheduled game started at 8:30 EST because of fargin' TV. Should have been a day game...because game 5 was Monday.

So after flying all night - the Halos beat the Yanks - fly to Chi-Town...play on heart & guts on Tuesday to win game one (PAUL BYRD baby!) and if we won game 2....series over. But we got hosed and it lingered. BIG TIME!

I remember Kelvim tagging a runner with his glove...and the ball was in his hand!

AJ saw Josh run towards the dugout...he looks - thinks it's a dropped 3rd strike - runs to 1st - and Dougie Eddings screws the pooch. Chicago had good pitching, but I think the fight was sucked out of the team because of the AJ/Josh Paul/Doug Eddings moment.

I hate AJ....and I really hate that POS #88...who to this day...still sucks.

Funny thing about that series is we still split with them in Chicago. Unfortunately the Angels offense decided not to show up games 3, 4, and 5. So I don't get why 10 yearsater people are still pissed about that play.

There was nothing funny about that series.  The Angels win game 1 when hardly anyone predicted them to after a long/late series with the Yanks then they never recovered after that call.  All these years later I'm not pissed about that play, not at Eddings and not at AJP rather I'm disappointed about the fact that it all went down hill after that.  If the Angels go up 2-0 who knows how the rest of that post season plays out.  

There was nothing funny about that series.  The Angels win game 1 when hardly anyone predicted them to after a long/late series with the Yanks then they never recovered after that call.  All these years later I'm not pissed about that play, not at Eddings and not at AJP rather I'm disappointed about the fact that it all went down hill after that.  If the Angels go up 2-0 who knows how the rest of that post season plays out.  

Well the Astros were never gonna beat the ALCS winner. They look so overmatched like they were a minor league team up against Chicago.

Still think Paul should have tagged him if it was that close, even though it was clear as day that the home plate umpire signaled out.

Any one of the Molina brothers tags him - just to make sure. It's was automatic for them.

But we got Josh Paul in there..and he rolls the ball to the mound and sprints to the dugout.

When in doubt? Tag the mo fo.

Edited by JoJo26