• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Left Field Graveyard-Post Garret Anderson

JoJo26

Since 2008 - the position of Left Field for the Angels has been a wasteland of poor hitting wonders. Since GA was there, there's been several 

light hitting transients.

Now I know Trout was "forced" to play there, because we had Speedy Petey (hence - the "Trout Farm") but we all know that CF was his gig...which is why we sent Bourjos away to St. Louie (along with some kid named Grichuk) for Freese and our arson squad Captain, Salas.

Now I do remember Willits making a very cool catch at the Yankee Stadium, and who could forget Schuck's amazing in the stands nab at the Big A? But, Reggie had one half season of great hitting, and JB had a great rookie season in '13...but couldn't hit anything in '14.

But since GA was let go....these guys have patrolled LF.

Look at them...can we please get a real Left Fielder? 

Josh Hamilton

David DeJesus

David Murphy

Shane Victorino

Matt Joyce

JB Schuck

Daniel Robertson

Vernon Wells

Raul Ibanez

Reggie Willits

Juan Rivera

Sure GA rarely showed emotion...it looked like he'd rather be anywhere else but at the park...but the dude could hit...he made some very nice plays...and frankly I miss him...I wonder if that Grichuk kid can play outfield?

41468.jpgGarrett-Anderson.jpggarrett-anderson.jpg

Since 2008 - the position of Left Field for the Angels has been a wasteland of poor hitting wonders. Since GA was there, there's been several

light hitting transients.

Now I know Trout was "forced" to play there, because we had Speedy Petey (hence - the "Trout Farm") but we all know that CF was his gig...which is why we sent Bourjos away to St. Louie (along with some kid named Grichuk) for Freese and our arson squad Captain, Salas.

Now I do remember Willits making a very cool catch at the Yankee Stadium, and who could forget Schuck's amazing in the stands nab at the Big A? But, Reggie had one half season of great hitting, and JB had a great rookie season in '13...but couldn't hit anything in '14.

But since GA was let go....these guys have patrolled LF.

Look at them...can we please get a real Left Fielder?

Josh Hamilton

David DeJesus

David Murphy

Shane Victorino

Matt Joyce

JB Schuck

Daniel Robertson

Vernon Wells

Raul Ibanez

Reggie Willits

Juan Rivera

Sure GA rarely showed emotion...it looked like he'd rather be anywhere else but at the park...but the dude could hit...he made some very nice plays...and frankly I miss him...I wonder if that Grichuk kid can play outfield?

41468.jpgGarrett-Anderson.jpggarrett-anderson.jpg

We could if Hamilton's contract wasn't eating up our payroll.

Obviously Hamilton was supposed to be a dominant force in LF, but the Angels lost on that gamble.   Even without the relapse, Hamilton would continue to deteriorate and would have been a burden on us.

People want to get worked up because he's had an occasional hit that's been good for the Rangers.   But his OPS is .711.   They won't want him there in another 6 months to year.

Mark Trumbo played more games at 1st base than any of the other positions combined.

Fair enough. It's still an outrage that both Navarro and Green are metaphorically jailed in AAA while players like Matt Joyce get regular playing time. 

Fair enough. It's still an outrage that both Navarro and Green are metaphorically jailed in AAA while players like Matt Joyce get regular playing time. 

Like DeJesus - Joyce has a hottie...

B92Lg6HCEAEfxVe.jpgBBqaBVhCQAAsiiH.jpg

Edited by JoJo26