• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread 8/3 (No Albert)

JoJo26

I could understand Scioscia wanting to mail in the game and give key players some extra rest if we had a bullpen day or random spot starter pitching against Kluber, but it's pretty foolish to squander a Richards start by resting Albert et al today. Hopefully Richards pitches a shutout and a Trout solo home run is all we need.

Edited by ScottLux

So Albert sucks and is old, but we are complaining about him not playing? If I were Sosh, I would start the worst of the worst, and for nine innings just stare at Albert and Aybar and Giavotella and Iannetta. Really with the way they are "hitting" right now, all the line ups suck. This losing streak is on the players and on Scioscia for putting Salas into games. I wonder if Dipoto would have released Salas by now?

Kluber is gonna eat us alive

Is sosh trying to get traded to the dodgers in the off season

I'm looking forward to Cron playing on defense tonight as well

Two new AW facts that will come up from now until the end of the season are that Scioscia is trying to get fired or that Scioscia wants to be traded to the Dodgers so he is losing on purpose. Last year few years we had people that honestly thought that, pretty funny.

I wonder if pujols is "hurt" he needs time to clear his head? There's a day off Thursday

Plantar made a come back? His knees just can't take 162 games anymore (understandable)

Richards has zero room for error tonight.

Edited by nando714

Two new AW facts that will come up from now until the end of the season are that Scioscia is trying to get fired or that Scioscia wants to be traded to the Dodgers so he is losing on purpose. Last year few years we had people that honestly thought that, pretty funny.

From a purely economic perspective, there is no monetary incentive for Scioscia not to do this. If he resigns he loses out on the remaining money. If Arte fires him, he gets the money and is free to earn additional income as a sports commentator or consultant until 2019, when he could return to managing for another team if desired. I don't believe that is what is happening, but I do believe that the way MLB contracts are structured is problematic.

Edited by ScottLux

From a purely economic perspective, there is no monetary incentive for Scioscia not to do this. If he resigns he loses out on the remaining money. If Arte fires him, he gets the money and is free to earn additional income as a sports commentator or consultant until 2019, when he could return to managing for another team if desired. I don't believe that is what is happening, but I do believe that the way MLB contracts are structured is problematic.

But that ignores the fact that Scioscia would be able to opt out and sign a contract that would give him more money that what is remaining on his current deal with the Angels. Greinke will be opting out and won't make a ton more money a season than he is currently getting paid, but he will get more total dollars. Also, maybe Mike just wants to play for a team with a better line up, as has been pointed out time and time again on here this line up is Trout, Calhoun and a streaky Albert.

The good news is that the Indians have a pretty terrible lineup, too:

1. Jose Ramirez (S) 2B
4. Carlos Santana (S) 1B
5. Yan Gomes ( R) C
7. Jerry Sands ( R) LF
8. Michael Bourn (L) CF
9. Giovanny Urshela ( R) 3B

Terrible lineup, but a good manager.