• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros Fans

nando714

It seems like we hate the fans of any team who is good. Imagine that!

What are the scientific odds of that!

Honestly, I can't bring myself to hate on the Astros fans.  Part of that is because I have a personal friend who works for the organization - and I teased him a lot when he got his first shot with the quadruple-A Houston franchise a couple years ago.

But really, I only truly despise Boston.  Everything else is just good fun, and I can't bring myself to hate on the fans of a team that's doing well just because they're happy they're doing well.   I suppose it's the 1986-1995 difference.  In 1995 we did it to ourselves, I can't hate Seattle fan for that, even when they were obnoxious about it.  In 1986, (the rest of this paragraph has been censored for the sanity of anyone who's still sane around here).

And Houston fan has got a point - unless the Astros undergo an epic collapse like we did in 1995, they're going to the post season.  We could get hot and catch them, take the West away, but Houston's playoff fate is entirely in its own hands - at worst they're a wild card, even if we go back on a tear.  When this year started, if you told Houston fan that they'd have a shot at the wild card, you'd've probably heard a lot of scoffing and "yeah maybe in another year or two".  The division was out of the question.  The non-bandwagon portion of their fanbase has suffered for a while now, I'm not going to hate on them for finally having a reason to be happy.

I'm gonna hate on our own boys for looking like dogshit this week.  They need to get it together, and start playing like they want to play more than 163 games this year.

Astros are this year's Royals. Soon we'll hate their fans, too.

A saw a group of clowns at the ALDS game 1 wearing Royals jerseys with the name "Trout" on the back. I suspect they were trying to hedge their bets and claim they were a fan of whichever team was winning, kinda like Mark Gubicza.

Ah the old draft pick excuse

Draft picks are overrated. In 2010 the Angels had five first round picks and the best player to come out of it was Cam Bedrosian.

we did need a SP. you watch, if the angels miss the postseason, that's what's going to cost us.

disagree. Im not saying we couldnt use one, but the pitching is fine. Its the lack of offense.

Victor said it best yesterday. Weve turned into a station to station team without the home runs. Whenever trout is human we struggle to score.

The Angels need an ace. They just couldn't afford one.

Richards is an ace and will be fine.  He has struggled a bit this year, but overall has pitched well.  He has 14 quality starts this year (a 74% QS %).  For reference, Felix Hernandez has 15 QS, good for a 71% QS%.  Several of Richards' QS were against top offenses.  In addition he has posted a 2.67 ERA in his last 9 starts.  I don't see how Richards is no longer an ace. Obviously he was going to have an off year because of the injury, but he still has the same stuff and has the ability to be just as dominant as he was last year.  He has lacked the consistency he had last year, but he is still an ace.

Ah the old draft pick excuse

Ah, the old no clue of how teams rise from the ashes response.

When you take Boston and New York out of the equation since they buy almost their entire roster, you have teams that rise and fall after multiple seasons of rebuilding. See A's, Ray, Rangers, Royals, Astros as examples of bottom dwellers that stocked their farm system after 8+ years in the doldrums to arise as a contending team of primarily home grown or traded for talent.

The A's can't maintain a series of successful seasons because Beane can't kick his gambling addiction and trades away every winning combination luck brings him. The Rangers fizzled after three solid years when they traded too many, kept the wrong ones and then pissed off the Gods by running Nolan Ryan to the Astros that just so happen to be swimming in 8 years of draft picks. The Royals only went 30 some years picking wrong in June before finally assembling a winning core and the Rays... well, they timed out and need to slack off for a few years to rebuild through the draft. Good luck, Boston beat them to it.

The Cubbies are next...10 games over .500 this year, so far. After he breaks the Cubs drought, I'll be able to say I have met Joe Maddon before he was a manager (having a beer at the catch)

The youngsters are taking over the game around the league, and I like it. 

There are a whole bunch of great kids coming through the ranks, and the future of the game looks damn bright.

Stupid Astros should have beat the 2005 Whitesox in the World Series. They didnt look like they tried.

Thank you for the reminder that Astros fans have been to a World Series three years more recently than the Angels. And yet the baseball world feels good about them enjoying success now. Sigh.

A saw a group of clowns at the ALDS game 1 wearing Royals jerseys with the name "Trout" on the back. I suspect they were trying to hedge their bets and claim they were a fan of whichever team was winning, kinda like Mark Gubicza.

youre positive it wasnt gubi?

Were they also wearing a stonewashed levi vest with a bon jovi logo on it?...then we'd no for sure it was him

Think for a moment about what it means to be an Astros fan. Their city is a mosquito infested humidity hell. Zero World Series wins. The only championships the city has came courtesy of a 7 foot Nigerian who took advantage of Jordan's basketball hiatus.

They've waited a long time for this moment. I hope they enjoy it before ownership decides to go full Loria and sell off again.

And for the record.........We're still gonna win the division.

I love the naive double standard that says only the fans of other teams are assholes. All teams have asshole fans.

I agree with the sentiment that the Astros should be applauded. They're doing it right, not wasting huge amounts of cash on washed up players, developing a strong farm system, and playing good baseball. Trashing them is just sour grapes from fans of troubled organization.

Actually, I have to admit that the Astros were my first favorite team. When I was six years old or so, I dug their groovy 70s outfits.

Could they have been the Trout All Star Jersey that is baby blue from the year the Royals hosted the All Star game?

I love the naive double standard that says only the fans of other teams are assholes. All teams have asshole fans.

I agree with the sentiment that the Astros should be applauded. They're doing it right, not wasting huge amounts of cash on washed up players, developing a strong farm system, and playing good baseball. Trashing them is just sour grapes from fans of troubled organization.

Actually, I have to admit that the Astros were my first favorite team. When I was six years old or so, I dug their groovy 70s outfits.

I wonder how you develop one of them strong farm systems... Oh right, tank for a decade.