• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Scioscia believes Angels can 'turn the page' on current streak

Also, not using Street in the bottom of the 9th of a road game is extremely stupid, so the Scioscia hate is deserved.

Mike can make some puzzling moves, but not using Street in the bottom of the ninth is not stupid at all.  When you're the away team in a tie game in the middle of the ninth you have to get six outs at least, not three.  Street is good, but he's not great when getting more than 3 outs (he's not a power pitcher), and he hasn't been used this season that way.  The only other available arm Scioscia had yesterday was Rucinski, unfortunately.  If the Angels got a lead in the top of the 10th, then Street for sure, but not before.  The problem is we don't have a reliable bullpen right now  beyond Street, and sometimes Smith when he is on.  So whine on about Scioscia's bad moves, that wasn't one of them.

Edited by tomsred

I feel like I've already lost those three years rooting for this team this season!

Then you're six years down by 2018, ugh!  You might not last past Hamilton.  Even I plan on outliving him, and he's got a big lead at the moment.

Edited by tomsred

Mike can make some puzzling moves, but not using Street in the bottom of the ninth is not stupid at all. When you're the away team in a tie game in the middle of the ninth you have to get six outs at least, not three. Street is good, but he's not great when getting more than 3 outs (he's not a power pitcher), and he hasn't been used this season that way. The only other available arm Scioscia had yesterday was Rucinski, unfortunately. If the Angels got a lead in the top of the 10th, then Street for sure, but not before. The problem is we don't have a reliable bullpen right now beyond Street, and sometimes Smith when he is on. So whine on about Scioscia's bad moves, that wasn't one of them.

Yes it was. It was one of many terrible bullpen decisions throughout the week

Turning the page makes sense to me.  How else can you instill a culture of mediocrity with an acceptance for losing?

Changing The Past

The past is the past for a reason

That is where it is supposed to stay

But some cannot let it go

In their heads it eats away

Until all their focus becomes

The person that they used to be

The mistakes they made in their life

Oh, if only they could see

That you cannot change what happened

No matter how hard you try

No matter how much you think about it

No matter how much you cry

Because the past is the past for a reason

It's been and now it is gone

So stop trying to think of ways to fix it

It's done, it's unchangeable, move on

Edited by tomsred

Turning the page is actually an admirable trait.  I relate to sports through golf, which I've played a lot over my life.  When you hit a bad shot, you have to erase it from your memory bank, there is no one to blame but yourself, and if you don't you're toast going forward.  Kiss your round goodbye.

Negative thoughts in any sport creep into the mind and affect your body.  Negative thoughts cause tightness in the body, tightness affects rhythm and timing, and can destroy even a good player in any sport.  Problems generally revolve from negative thinking.

So yeah, if you want to guarantee failure, let's have Scioscia introduce negative thoughts into his player's minds.

I could care less that a manager may be overly optimistic, any manager.  If they don't want to instill confidence, and put on a positive show in front of their team, then they are asking for failure.  Discipline is a private matter, he doesn't have to make it public so it soothes fan emotions.  Players like and understand all of this, that's why they support Scioscia.

A lot of you also like the best player in every possible position, that's is not possible in baseball.  The area a myriad number of reasons why you use players in various situations other than who has the best numbers, this is not Nintendo. 

Edited by tomsred

Angels were 2nd in runs scored and ERA in July, and made the most offensive improvements of any team by far at the deadline.

I wouldn't have said no to a Price (maybe) or a Benoit, but to think this team has offensive issues or is not a great team overall is hilariously stupid. I would take only the BJays' over the Angels' offense right now.

angels offense is giving bjays right now so its similar.

The problem with our stats pre slump is that they werent going to last. The team was ridiculous...pujols wasnt going to keep it up (and thats understandable). But you have to look at the july numbers coupled with the first 2 or 3 months...sure, they werent that bad as early on, but nowhere near as good as that crazy run we went on.

We basically built a team beane would dig on in the 2000s, sans the juiced up middle of the order. Were built fine if pujols was younger and we had one more bonafide slugger. As it stands we have a superhero and a bunch of role players. We need to get another real bat this winter (preferably two).

Also, not using Street in the bottom of the 9th of a road game is extremely stupid, so the Scioscia hate is deserved.

maybe...but then we use rucinski in the 10th.

The pen was spent after the previous week, sunday being a bullpen day, and the lack of stoppers to begin with

We all like to think street is untouchable, but he blew one esrier in the week...and smith has blown ot twice on this run...

I mentioned last winter i didnt like losing grilli and jepsen, and this is why. It took us years to build a good pen, and it looked great last year. Didnt like the idea of teraing it down. And this was when i expected morin to be good...