• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why is Scoscia held unaccountable ??

ghoetke

Exactly.  Fill out the lineup card, put in a few relief pitchers, turn the page, hit the post game spread, for 5M/yr. 

This is why it doesn't pay to bet on baseball.

97343435.jpg?w=610

Edited by ScottLux

What else is one to do in the midst of a 6 game losing streak and losing 9 of 10?

While yes there are small positives usually in that kind of stretch, they are far out weighed by the negatives.

And yes, 2010 through 2015 has been significantly worse than 2002-2009.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Because the same mistakes keep happening over and over and over again, for years.

It still comes down to the guys making the mistakes. Most of the mistakes the players make are base running. So if Aybar and Albert run the bases like fools or Torrii or Vlad, if Mike wants to "hold them unaccountable" and bench them, who hear wouldn't lose their shit with Featherston, Cron Davannon and Willits starting instead of those bad base runners?

What else is one to do in the midst of a 6 game losing streak and losing 9 of 10?

While yes there are small positives usually in that kind of stretch, they are far out weighed by the negatives.

And yes, 2010 through 2015 has been significantly worse than 2002-2009.

AO are you seriously saying that the board only microfanages (great term) during losing streaks? That's probably not accurate. This place loses their collective shit when our starting pitcher gives up a first inning run.

After the 2002 season, that saw SF taking the Angels to a game 7 in the WS...

Dumbsty Baker was not invited back. The Giants have won 3 WS since that time.

Scioscia was anointed King for life in Anaheim, and haven't even been back to the WS..

What seems to be the difference?

Just sayin

After the 2002 season, that saw SF taking the Angels to a game 7 in the WS...

Dumbsty Baker was not invited back. The Giants have won 3 WS since that time.

Scioscia was anointed King for life in Anaheim, and haven't even been back to the WS..

What seems to be the difference?

Just sayin

I would say one big difference would be that every player that was on the losing 2002 WS team for SF was gone before they won their first WS. So I would say that's a bit of a difference.

I can provide proof if you can provide proof that Arte has come down on him

If I had stated that, I would.

Now, if you are stating as fact that he hasn't, I'd like to know how you would know that

Ps hypothetically, if I did have factual proof that he had, you wouldn't be able to come up with proof that he hadn't,

Edited by Lou

"I would say one big difference would be that every player that was on the losing 2002 WS team for SF was gone before they won their first WS. So I would say that's a bit of a difference"

In 8 seasons, most teams turn over most of their roster.
What's your point?
Mine is that managers outlive their usefulness unless they are getting "it" done, "it" being the goal, and the goal being winning big post season games and post season series.

SOTO said once before that the history of this org has been pathetic and he's right. The only thing noteworthy involving this franchise in the last two decades are MS, 2002, and Mike Trout, that's it. MS has positive results out of terrible roster after terrible roster. Year in and year out. Yes, we should all expect excellence as fans, but at the end of year so do the fans of 28 other teams. I'm satisfied to know thar when the season starts I always feel we have a good chance at the playoffs because of my teams manager, not in spite of him.

SOTO said once before that the history of this org has been pathetic and he's right. The only thing noteworthy involving this franchise in the last two decades are MS, 2002, and Mike Trout, that's it. MS has positive results out of terrible roster after terrible roster. Year in and year out. Yes, we should all expect excellence as fans, but at the end of year so do the fans of 28 other teams. I'm satisfied to know thar when the season starts I always feel we have a good chance at the playoffs because of my teams manager, not in spite of him.

Vlad Guerrero

"SOTO said once before that the history of this org has been pathetic and he's right. The only thing noteworthy involving this franchise in the last two decades are MS, 2002, and Mike Trout, that's it. MS has positive results out of terrible roster after terrible roster. Year in and year out. Yes, we should all expect excellence as fans, but at the end of year so do the fans of 28 other teams. I'm satisfied to know thar when the season starts I always feel we have a good chance at the playoffs because of my teams manager, not in spite of him."

This organization has been spending in the upper echelon of the 28 other teams, and the obvious expectations are not just to reach the playoffs, but to do well and go deep in the playoffs. They have had the talent to do so almost every year, up to and including last year, when they led the league in wins.
That MS has not been held accountable for the post season failures year after year, might just be my interpretation of what this thread is about, but there it is, so be it.
Take it FWIW..

Edited by Homebrewer