• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More bad press for the Angels

HBMike

Suggesting that the Angels organization and even Angels players are backstabbing Wilson as revenge for him backing up Hamilton earlier in the year is a stretch. Even I think they're trying too hard to spin this non-situation into as story.

Edited by ScottLux

I know there'll be the usual butt-hurt here like there is anything negative comes out about the team, but that there are players concerned about how Wilson handled this and who expressed that - even anonymously - to a reporter should be worrying on numerous levels.

but did they? actually?

here's something that i find in the press and in life all to often. the logical double standard. this quote, "and that teammate support, at least to a degree, happens without conditions."

you see, his teammates stood behind hamilton during his self imposed trials because logically they're his teammates, and that's what teammates do. however, wilson has alienated himself by not toughing it out enough, and therefore his teammates have abandoned him. but where's the support without conditions for wilson? it's hard to imagine that a drug relapse is more forgivable by degree than an injured teammate.

Edited by ukyah

Privately, though, several Angels players expressed frustration in Wilson's decision, with some believing he should've continued to try to pitch through the issue.

_________

Privately doesn't mean what it used too. Good going Alden.

Alden works for MLB. MLB is ownership. What motivation does he have to make this up?

this isn't an alden gonzalez article. someone post the original alden gonzalez article that his "quotes" came from. we'll test the waters for context.

Privately, though, several Angels players expressed frustration in Wilson's decision, with some believing he should've continued to try to pitch through the issue.

_________

one of the angels told me in private that he wants to have my love child. he'd even consider reassignment surgery.

_________

Please, nobody wants CJ to continue to pitch (and lose critical games) through his "issues".

Except the opposition.

I know there'll be the usual butt-hurt here like there is anything negative comes out about the team, but that there are players concerned about how Wilson handled this and who expressed that - even anonymously - to a reporter should be worrying on numerous levels.

There is nothing in the story to indicate that the author talked to anyone. Not a single quote in it. Even an anonymous one.

this isn't an alden gonzalez article. someone post the original alden gonzalez article that his "quotes" came from. we'll test the waters for context.

It quotes the relevant bit of his article, but if you really want to read it hear it is: http://m.angels.mlb.com/news/article/140411536/cj-wilson-may-have-surgery-on-left-elbow

Again I quote:

"Privately, though, several Angels players expressed frustration in Wilson's decision, with some believing he should've continued to try to pitch through the issue.

Wilson was adamant in saying he can no longer push through it.

"I've been pushing through it for a couple months," said Wilson, 8-8 with a 3.89 ERA in 132 innings."

Fans of every team, anywhere in the world, always claim some media outlet/writer/reporter have some agenda to bring them down. Every single one of those people is laughably wrong. Acting like an Angels beat reporter, working for MLB.com, just made this up is only going to make people look really stupid.

Edited by Oz27

It quotes the relevant bit of his article, but if you really want to read it hear it is: http://m.angels.mlb.com/news/article/140411536/cj-wilson-may-have-surgery-on-left-elbow

Again I quote:

"Privately, though, several Angels players expressed frustration in Wilson's decision, with some believing he should've continued to try to pitch through the issue.

Wilson was adamant in saying he can no longer push through it.

"I've been pushing through it for a couple months," said Wilson, 8-8 with a 3.89 ERA in 132 innings."

Fans of every team, anywhere in the world, always claim some media outlet/writer/reporter have some agenda to bring them down. Every single one of those people is laughably wrong. Acting like an Angels beat reporter, working for MLB.com, just made this up is only going to make people look really stupid.

It's also kind of stupid to assume that any Angel player that had these feelings about CJ would willingly share them with a reporter. The fact that he's claiming several players feel this way makes it even more suspicious, as if a sizable chunk of the roster sought out Alden Gonzalez just to vent their feelings about CJ Wilson.