• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The not Fantastic Four

I predict a mid .600s OPS collectively for Gillespie, Murphy, DeJesus, and Victorino.

Way to improve the team, Stoneman.

You have NINE solid starting pitchers in the org:

Richards, Heaney, Shoe, Santiago, Tropeano, Newcomb, Ellis, Skaggs, and Nate Smith.

You can't have a 9 pitcher rotation in 2017.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I predict a mid .600s OPS collectively for Gillespie, Murphy, DeJesus, and Victorino.

Richards, Heaney, Shoe, Santiago, Tropeano, Newcomb, Ellis, Skaggs, and Nate Smith.

How many bats were traded that will give us better LF production than the platoons we traded for? What did those cost? If you want to think Parra was a difference maker or Ben Revere go right ahead. Two bats got moved, one was Tulo and to get him it would have cost us probably three or four of those guys starting with Newcombe. The other was Cespedes which would have been a rental and cost us Newcombe or Ellis. Instead of complaining about it give us an example of how you think we could have acquired one of those two guys without somehow giving up all the pitching.

How many bats were traded that will give us better LF production than the platoons we traded for? What did those cost? If you want to think Parra was a difference maker or Ben Revere go right ahead. Two bats got moved, one was Tulo and to get him it would have cost us probably three or four of those guys starting with Newcombe. The other was Cespedes which would have been a rental and cost us Newcombe or Ellis. Instead of complaining about it give us an example of how you think we could have acquired one of those two guys without somehow giving up all the pitching.

Agreed, we just don't have the resources for this big splash trades that some of you guys are calling for. Even if we foolishly traded Newcomb, our package still wouldn't have been enough to beat torontos for tulo, and probably not enough for us to out bid the mets on cespedes. That said I still do hope we try and get a longer term solution in the offseason. Cespedes would be good.

Can you give me their numbers since joining the Angels?

AO, you have to consider that Weaver (82 mph fastball) and Wilson (TJS?) might be done, Skaggs is unknown due to TJS (it's not 100% that he can regain form), Smith and Ellis are not yet ready by a long shot, Newcomb the same (he has work to do on curve ball command), Santiago may be starting to fade a little, Heaney's a rookie, Richards isn't a true #1 yet, and Tropeano has only pitched two major league games for us.  You don't have a nine pitcher rotation in 2016 or 2017 yet.  You may not even have a five man rotation.  And then you want to give up what precious little you have for marginal improvement in left field and DH?  Not me.

Why are we even going down this road when these four guys have played less than half a week, and we've played two of the best teams in baseball? Stupid.......

Because this stretch of games is reasonably similar to what we may see in the playoffs, where you have to win in a small sample size, you don't get the luxury of taking time to figure things out slowly in the beginning and improve later like the Angels do during the regular season.

Though IMO the NLDS and ALDS needs to be as best of seven, and wild card needs to be increased to a best of three all at home park is the top seed.

Agreed, we just don't have the resources for this big splash trades that some of you guys are calling for. Even if we foolishly traded Newcomb, our package still wouldn't have been enough to beat torontos for tulo, and probably not enough for us to out bid the mets on cespedes. That said I still do hope we try and get a longer term solution in the offseason. Cespedes would be good.

They could have easily gotten Tulo or Cespedes if they got involved. The Angels have more than just one good prospect, you know.

Not saying they should have done it, but they could have.

They could have easily gotten Tulo or Cespedes if they got involved. The Angels have more than just one good prospect, you know.

Not saying they should have done it, but they could have.

That's one of the biggest myths there is, that we don't have enough prospects to acquire big players. Whether we should or not is an entirely different argument. But, for the sake of argument, if we chose to give up three of our top pitching prospects that would have been enough to get a damn good player with quite a bit of club control left.

I predict that you are related to Eeyore. Cheer down, mister......

It is really funny reading one thread where the argument is that we have so much pitching depth that we should have traded three of them for an impact bat.

then I go read a thread where Stoneman was stupid for not trading for a pitcher because CJ is down for the year.

It is really funny reading one thread where the argument is that we have so much pitching depth that we should have traded three of them for an impact bat.

then I go read a thread where Stoneman was stupid for not trading for a pitcher because CJ is down for the year.

Great argument and all, but nobody has said that in this thread.

F U Hamilton for taking Arte's money and preventing us from making a big splash at the deadline. Probably a contributer to Jerry losing his job.

Someone needs to alter that cartoon of Moreno carrying a wheelbarrow full of cash out of a dilapidated Angel stadium, and replace it with Josh Hamilton in a Rangers uniform.

You know it's bad when you add four new players in late July and don't plan a press conference.

One article I read said that the Angels were trying to finalize a deal for Yoenis Cespedes until almost the very end of the trade deadline, but they found the Tigers' asking price of Nick Tropeano and C. J. Cron to be too high.

i know we talked about that on here....i think we get trolled more than we think.

The same trade scenario poppped into my head right before strad proposed it...what use would they have for cron? Theyre set at 1B and DH with cabrerra and martinez.