• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Israeli settlers burn Palestinian family home, killing toddler

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/31/middleeast/palestinian-price-tag-attack/index.html

Fox News describes the assailants as "extremists" Fair and Balanced indeed.

Associated Press is describing them as extremists, get your facts straight.

Suspected Jewish extremists burn Palestinian child to death

http://news.yahoo.com/israel-palestinian-child-killed-west-bank-attack-050726594.html

The attack, which threatens to set off another violent escalation, shines a light on the growing lawlessness of extremist Jewish settlers that Israel is either unable or unwilling to contain.

Obviously they're extremists, my point.....poorly made clearly......was that on Fox News where they LOVE throwing around the T word, this apparently failed to be an act committed by terrorists as in the title called them extremeists. If masked guys show up to burn down a house with people inside I'd say that clearly crosses the threshold into terrorism. Also, I did not see the AP report.

Edited by UndertheHalo

We get too caught up in which label to put on these horrible acts.  The media spends too much time on it (notice I didn't say just FOX News but I can't make a post without mentioning FOX News, as you all know).  Strad's assessment of it is really the correct way to look at it.  Doesn't matter who or where these acts happen to, you do this you are an extremist, terrorist, asshole, etc. all the same.

The OP came in trying to push some bullshit FOX NEWS meme and I called him/her on it. Simple as that.

Well, it's not bullshit. You know as well as I do that Fox would be screaming from the roof tops if this was Arab on Israeli violence. My mistake was missing that they posted an AP report. It still doesn't change that it was barely a footnote on the bottom of their page when they finally did report it (the story is gone from the page now) anyway it's not really that important a point overall in regards to the story. My bad I missed the AP part.

You lefties cry so much about Fox news. WTF does Fox news have to do with this terrible situation? Did Fox news light the house on fire?

I am generally very pro Israel, and sad to see them stoop to the level of something I would expect out of the Palestinians. Hopefully Israel does something to try to prevent this situation from deteriorating further.

Well, it's not bullshit. You know as well as I do that Fox would be screaming from the roof tops if this was Arab on Israeli violence. My mistake was missing that they posted an AP report. It still doesn't change that it was barely a footnote on the bottom of their page when they finally did report it (the story is gone from the page now) anyway it's not really that important a point overall in regards to the story. My bad I missed the AP part.

It was front page on the Wall Street Journal, in case you thought that no one saw it. I would say the WSJ holds more credibility than FOX News, the generally hold off on the sensationalism and post pretty conservatively. It currently has a follow up article of a Palestinian protester being shot and killed.

It was front page on the Wall Street Journal, in case you thought that no one saw it. I would say the WSJ holds more credibility than FOX News, the generally hold off on the sensationalism and post pretty conservatively. It currently has a follow up article of a Palestinian protester being shot and killed.

I know other outlets covered it, cnn also had it as headline news and I absolutely agree that WSJ is a far more reputable source of news. I overzealously tried to make a point about Fox News specifically, because I'll admit it....I don't like Fox News.....at all. That said, I still believe the general spirit of the point is accurate. Anyway, I mostly wish I hadn't because the tone of the thread has now been about how I tried to pick on Fox News when it should have been about the actual story.

I know other outlets covered it, cnn also had it as headline news and I absolutely agree that WSJ is a far more reputable source of news. I overzealously tried to make a point about Fox News specifically, because I'll admit it....I don't like Fox News.....at all. That said, I still believe the general spirit of the point is accurate. Anyway, I mostly wish I hadn't because the tone of the thread has now been about how I tried to pick on Fox News when it should have been about the actual story.

I am not a fan of FOX news tactics as well but this is hardly as much an act of terrorism as any civilian conflict in a contested zone. See the Ukraine for example, plenty of civilian deaths and not all occurring through military actions. Those are not classified as acts of terrorism and should not be. Neither should this, it strips the meaning of the word and makes it just another big lasso for lazy thinking minds. It is reprehensible and the expectation is Israel rounds up that group and throws them into a dark hole, never to return to society.