• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Background Checks Defeated in Senate

the reason its not dropped to majority vote, ie 51, is because that pretty much removes all power from minority party to check the majority party.

its all about checks and balances yo.

Why should the minority party have the right to prevent the will of the people? And why can they only do it in one house of Congress. The filibuster system is complete nonsense.

Why should the minority party have the right to prevent the will of the people? And why can they only do it ijn one house of Congress. The filibuster system is complete nonsense.

the will of the people implies a sense of universal agreement, clearly this is not the case.. will of the majority is not the same thing

I believe that a compelling argument exists when the proposal proponents stated that background checks and ID requirements do not diminsh a person's rights, but requiring the same for voting does?  With a straight face how can you argue one is okay, but not the other.

...and vice versa.

It's like when Marty McFly meets Marty McFly.

The whole universe will start to unravel as a result of your post. Keep a close eye on your photographs, Bruce. If you notice anybody starting to fade, call Doc Brown IMMEDIATELY.

I believe that a compelling argument exists when the proposal proponents stated that background checks and ID requirements do not diminsh a person's rights, but requiring the same for voting does?  With a straight face how can you argue one is okay, but not the other.

lol, that's great.

Why should the minority party have the right to prevent the will of the people? And why can they only do it ijn one house of Congress. The filibuster system is complete nonsense.

Allowing the two parties to all but eliminate any third party voice in complete nonsense.

Worldwide cash being funneled into local elections is complete nonsense.

Money equals speech is complete nonsense.

Assuming that purchasing 51 senators represents "the will of the people" is complete nonsense.

The filibuster system is way down the nonsense list.

For one, I don't recall when somebody was killed with a ballot.  That's just for starters.

A swing and a miss! 

The argument is about a person's rights.

Oh, absolutely.  People have the right to vote and that shouldn't be restricted.  People have the right to firearms but that should be restricted, making it harder (or even impossible) for felons or mentally ill people to get a weapon whose primary purpose is destruction.  I'm glad we can at least agree on that.  

Wait, you're not telling me you want unrestricted access to firearms, are you?  If so doesn't that mean, as per your argument, you're also in favor of unrestricted access to voting, since you used the voting comparison?  

Oh, absolutely.  People have the right to vote and that shouldn't be restricted.  People have the right to firearms but that should be restricted, making it harder (or even impossible) for felons or mentally ill people to get a weapon whose primary purpose is destruction.  I'm glad we can at least agree on that.  

Wait, you're not telling me you want unrestricted access to firearms, are you?  If so doesn't that mean, as per your argument, you're also in favor of unrestricted access to voting, since you used the voting comparison?  

No reason to respond to tin, because he tries to answer for you.

Where are these presumptions you claim?  FTR I am in favor of background checks and ID requirements for gun purchases, but in turn, I want voter registration and ID.  What right is a voter giving up to comply? 

An embarrassing day for American politics, proving that the system doesn't work. A joke, really.

I'm not opposed to background checks (except the fee) but they won't stop things like Columbine, Newtown and Aurora.

Stop? No. Reduce? Yes.

Do you honestly think that law would stop violent criminals from getting guns?

Stop? No. Reduce? Yes.