• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cespedes a Met

I wonder what the equivalent in our system would have been?  a couple of 22-23 year old potential SP?  

As far as i can tell Fulmer was a top 10 in their system but not top SP, highest was about #3 i saw in terms of SP prospects in NYM system... i couldnt find the other guy in the top lists. 

This certainly doesnt seem to be the equivalent of a newcomb/trop type deal, more like Ellis and someone down the ladder from him?

I wonder what the equivalent in our system would have been?  a couple of 22-23 year old potential SP?  

As far as i can tell Fulmer was a top 10 in their system but not top SP, highest was about #3 i saw in terms of SP prospects in NYM system... i couldnt find the other guy in the top lists. 

This certainly doesnt seem to be the equivalent of a newcomb/trop type deal, more like Ellis and someone down the ladder from him?

If Fulmer was in the system he'd be right there with Newcomb, most would rate him behind Newcomb by virtue of handedness, but he's a legit talent and well ahead of Tropeano.  He's easy 95 MPH gas and a wipeout slider -- good control.   The guy posted an ERA under 2.00 despite pitching in Birmingham.   His predictive stats are even better than the standard stats.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Dipoto as much as I love him would have blown up the farm. 

I'm good with this. I'm also good with my friend moving on. 

Chuck you obviously can speak to it better than I can, but do you think he would have really blown up the farm? He was so invested in rebuilding the farm, specifically the young pitching talent, that I couldn't imagine him blowing up the farm. 

Chuck you obviously can speak to it better than I can, but do you think he would have really blown up the farm? He was so invested in rebuilding the farm, specifically the young pitching talent, that I couldn't imagine him blowing up the farm. 

Yes, Dipoto was really competitive. 

Fact is, so many people blame Arte for Hamilton and Pujols, but I know better. 

If he blew up the farm it wouldn't have been for a guy on the last year of his contract. He would have gone after Hamels.

Nah, he likes Shoemaker. 

It would have been for a big bat. Guaranteed. 

We're stuck with C.J. and Weaver. Can we keep Weaver on the DL and C.J. till November?

Yes, Dipoto was really competitive.

Fact is, so many people blame Arte for Hamilton and Pujols, but I know better.

Are you actually saying that Dipoto, who preaches stats, who quit partly because his information wasn't being shared with the players, was the guy behind Albert and Hamilton? If that were the case then my guess is he wouldn't have had two options picked up.

Are you actually saying that Dipoto, who preaches stats, who quit partly because his information wasn't being shared with the players, was the guy behind Albert and Hamilton? If that were the case then my guess is he wouldn't have had two options picked up.

Yes.

Yes.

There's stats, then there's lifetime accomplishments and proven talent.

Dipoto was a fan of that. I can't blame him. I mean, it's not like he was signing Cecil Fielder, Von Hayes, Eddie Murray and Dave Parker.

Yes, but why was so much made about Arte visiting both Hamilton and Pujols. Oh and I am pretty sure we heard that Arte called Albert and Albert was won over by the vision of being a partner with Arte.

It's possible that both versions can be true.

Yes.

So if Arte didn't unilaterally acquire Hamilton and Pujols (a major element of Angels narrative canon) then who ordered Hamilton to be included on the ALDS roster, and who ordered him to bat fourth in a series of must-win games despite not playing in more than a month?

Edited by ScottLux