• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are The Angels Really Going To Stand Pat?

Ok, sure they are shit. The David Murphy .295 batting average surely sucks. You're one of those guys that think you're either an all star or you suck.

Have you been looking at his numbers?  His batting average has been plummeting for weeks now.  He is sh.t and will be at .270 or so very soon.

It was clearly all part of the plan:

Get Hambone to relapse.

Fail to win the legal arguments to get out of the contract.

Trade for an average player on the down side of his career, and get him to have the worst year of his career.

I see it now,  Dipoto had to leave because he knew too much.

Link to what? The fact he is tested weekly and admitted his relapse before he was tested, which is why he didn't get punished for it? I'm sure you know all that. If the MLB knew, the Angels knew it.

How bout a link to the date he admitted it. Or the link that this was why the Angels "signed" Joyce. The Angels signed Joyce to platoon at DH with Cron.

Let's see...

Arte signs Hamilton

Arte gets angry over Hamilton relapse

Arte demands Hamilton traded

Jedi forced to trade Jepsen for Joyce to fill vacated LF hole

But according to Erstad Grit it's all Jedi's fault, uh ok.

You and I don't really know what all went down with Arte, Jedi, and Hamilton so stop acting like you were hanging out in the meetings.  Chuck, who would know more than us, has already said it was all Jedi, so that influences me a lot.

I'll grant that Arte MAY have forced Jedi to trade Hamilton to make a statement but that happened AFTER Jedi traded for Joyce. 

Jedi did some great stuff like Grilli, Heaney, etc but he also $hit the bed on Joyce, Blanton, Hanson, etc

Are you seriously saying Dipoto acted on his own accord?

To make a simple trade of a middle reliever for an outfielder, Yes. Why wouldn't he? It's not like he was seeking to sign an expensive free agent. He was trading a $3 million RP for a $4 million OF.

i don't get it

was a buyer's market, and given dipoto's resignation and the overall way of doing things in anaheim for awhile now, i expected a lot more

I wouldn't call it a buyer's market, lots of really good young, cost controlled young players moved from the buyer teams.  Personally I'm glad we didn't move any of our better, cost controlled younger players.  That creates more flexibility next year and beyond.  We are going to need pitching depth.  I think that there is a good chance that Weaver and Wilson won't be in next year's starting rotation. 

I can't think of any of the players that moved that would have propelled this team into overall favorites for deep post season appearances (league championship or World Series).  The players we got fill obvious holes, or are sensible fill-ins for injured players like Freese.  We never had the assets to compete for players like Price, Gomez or Tulo.  We need to fix that if this organization can continue to compete even for just a playoff appearance.  Some of you are in full panic mode, or are so critical your can't even use sensible facts.

Houston is an excellent team, especially as a home team, they have more prospect resources than we do, and they have plenty of cost controlled young talent on their 25 man roster.  They rebounded from a rather small negative run.  We couldn't sustain a really effective positive run.  right now they are taking the elevator up, we're taking it down.  Elevators move up and down all the time in baseball, what counts is what floor you end up on when the season ends.  Find a way to stay close, and keep finding ways to improve the team.  But there is no reason to panic and send us back into the prospect dark ages.  Stoneman has done a good job of setting things up for the new guy, he or she will have tons of flexibility, and at the same time we still have a chance this year.

Edited by tomsred