• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

University of Southern California Football Thread

one of the families at our school are big usc fans. i've taught 3 of their 4 kids, and while the oldest son was in my class, dad noticed my ohio state helmet on display. his solution was to go out and buy me a usc helmet. our deal was that i would put it out in the classroom while his kids have been in my classes. 

the current child is an 8th grader (and their youngest child) and he knew about our arrangement, so the second day of school, he asked me where the helmet was. i fished it out of my office and agreed to put it out in room for anyone to see in order to honor our agreement. 

fortunately for me, i put it in a place where kids really have to look for it to see it. there was no agreement that it had to be easy to see. 

2 hours ago, Tank said:

one of the families at our school are big usc fans. i've taught 3 of their 4 kids, and while the oldest son was in my class, dad noticed my ohio state helmet on display. his solution was to go out and buy me a usc helmet. our deal was that i would put it out in the classroom while his kids have been in my classes. 

the current child is an 8th grader (and their youngest child) and he knew about our arrangement, so the second day of school, he asked me where the helmet was. i fished it out of my office and agreed to put it out in room for anyone to see in order to honor our agreement. 

fortunately for me, i put it in a place where kids really have to look for it to see it. there was no agreement that it had to be easy to see. 

So to have a deal, one has to give and receive.  What exactly did you receive that you would put a USC helmet out?  

17 hours ago, gotbeer said:

So to have a deal, one has to give and receive.  What exactly did you receive that you would put a USC helmet out?  

his dad is extremely generous with being a chaperone on any trip his kids go on. we'll need that help in spades this year because his youngest son is not a good decision maker. 

after graduation in june, the usc helmet goes into permanent mothball status.

Such a great game. Defense was awesome , forcing 4 more turnovers. No explosive plays allowed. 

Caleb was off for 96% of the game. The huge 4th down run and a nudge from the OL. Finally a dime to Addison for the game winner. 

usc teams the last decade would have been blown out in Corvallis. 

ugly game but a griddy win. 

• 2 weeks later...

Utah was beyond emotionally fired up, wearing for the first time the helmets paying tribute to their two late teammates.

Their TE had the game of his life.

Rising continues to put up good numbers, and seems to be a good leader.

That said, USC is better than they’ve been in a while.   Riley is already making a difference.   Williams is the real deal QB, with the added run dimension.

USC/UCLA should be a lot of fun.

On 10/15/2022 at 9:30 PM, Lou said:

Any word on Addison? 

https://clutchpoints.com/usc-football-news-dodges-a-bullet-with-jordan-addison-injury-update/

Per Kartje, Riley said that Jordan Addison is “day-to-day.” The USC football coach added that the star wideout has “avoided suffering any long-term injury.”