• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

University of Southern California Football Thread

On 11/13/2020 at 11:10 AM, Molly Jolly said:

Toxic band culture . . . who knew that would ever be a thing.

There are a couple that have had that reputation for years. USC is one of them, Ohio State is the other. The band program at Florida A&M was actually suspended for a year over a culture of hazing, which the director was apparently aware of and tolerated. It cost him his job.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

10 hours ago, arch stanton said:

The dude who dots the "i" was caught putting unearned Buckeye stickers on his sousaphone. And another band member was caught on tape failing to douchily emphasize the "THE" when asked what school he attended

EGREGIOUS! OUTRAGEOUS!

there should be an investigation.

I was in two college marching bands. None of this stuff went on in either of them, as much as the Ohio State band alumni try to explain it away as "what college students do". That tells me that they are on board with it, especially since they pushed for the director to be reinstated after he was dismissed for doing nothing about it. He had been around the band for years before he became director, so he can't tell me that he knew nothing about this.

The Buckeye Band has another reputation as well, being total assholes. I went to the Orange Bowl in 1977 as a member of the Oklahoma band. Our bus driver, a cheerful and knowledgeable man, took us on a quick tour of the Miami area on our way to lunch one day. I was sitting directly behind him on the bus. He said that he was impressed by how courteous that we were. I explained that our director had instilled in us that every time that we went on the road, we were representatives of the university. He said that he had driven the Ohio State band around the year before. He said that they cursed and insulted him, and they trashed his bus. "I don't care if I never see them again."

Your reputation is often well earned.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly don’t know who has the worse the worse head coach ? Usc or UCLA . It kinda felt like they were competing today for it 

UCLA staying in M to M for most of the game against this usc wr group. Insane. 

Felton not being in the game in crucial situations. Dumb. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, AngelsLongBall said:

Herman’s buyout less than Helton’s. Lynn Swann should be booed mercilessly. 

Is that true?  Herman's buyout was rumored to be $15 million.  If Helton's is anywhere near that, Swann shouldn't be booed, he should be fired.  Immediately

On 1/2/2021 at 9:57 AM, Lou said:

I agree.

Breaking News: Herman fired by Texas. UT after Sark.

espn ticker reporting that texas has indeed hired sark. he'll join them after losing in the championship game to tOSU next week.

23 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Is that true?  Herman's buyout was rumored to be $15 million.  If Helton's is anywhere near that, Swann shouldn't be booed, he should be fired.  Immediately

He was fired, middle of last year. I was going to use more problematic language, but didn’t want to go full cals

On 11/13/2020 at 11:10 AM, Tank said:

Toxic band culture . . . who knew that would ever be a thing.

Same thing happened at both Ohio State and Florida A&M. Both directors were fired over the situations. I knew the director at FAMU. He was director at a rival school when I was in band in high school. The FAMU program was actually suspended in its entirety for a full academic year.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan