• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Weav's rehab start - FB mostly 82 MPH

MLB Network showed a graphic last night top 5 in wins since start of 2011:

Scherzer, Kershaw, Greinke, Bumgarner, Weaver

sad to be in that class but now this..

I'm hoping weaver like salmon retires with his only team

Throwing accross your body takes a huge toll on the shoulder. This was inevitable for Weaver considering hiw many pitches he has thrown over the years. The same thing happened to Frank Tanana, but being a lefty, he was able to pitch several more years effectively. I can't think of a real soft tossing righty who has been successful.

I wish Jered the best. He has been a great Angel, but I think he is done. He has had an outstanding career and should be in the Angels Hall of Fame.

Throwing accross your body takes a huge toll on the shoulder. This was inevitable for Weaver considering hiw many pitches he has thrown over the years. The same thing happened to Frank Tanana, but being a lefty, he was able to pitch several more years effectively. I can't think of a real soft tossing righty who has been successful.

I wish Jered the best. He has been a great Angel, but I think he is done. He has had an outstanding career and should be in the Angels Hall of Fame.

Chris Young. Averages about 84 to 86mph for the past 5 years. Like Weaver he is TALL but throws soft.

Gregg Maddux started as a 90's fastball pitcher.  Then was in the 80/70 range.  Then again, Maddux could probably hit a fly between the eyes with a baseball.

Other pitcher that comes to mind is Trevor Hoffman.  Guy made a living on that changeup.  

Found this.

SLOWEST FASTBALLS IN THE MAJORS

And Buehrle is down to a 3.29 ERA 1.19 WHIP 11-5 record.

Edited by gotbeer

This bums me out. Hope he wasn't going at 100% and is just working on things. Can't believe it if he's really done. He must be downright sad too if he's starting to feel like he can't be a competitive pitcher, just with how competitive and passionate he is about his performance and the game.

Here's hoping the best for you Weav, we're all pulling for you and want you to get a ring!

Then again, Maddux could probably hit a fly between the eyes with a baseball.

And he could get an ump to call it a strike even if the fly was in the batters box. Pitch f/x has made Maddux's career one of a kind, irrespective of his talent.

If we get in the playoffs despite Scioscia's bullshit, I'm very afraid he will run out Weaver and Wilson. If that happens and we go out in the 1st round he better be canned.

I can understand why Dipoto quit. You have a manager who misuses his players.

I walked by a SPT mound some time ago SPT 2001 and saw this kid walk up dressed in shorts, cleats and a t-shirt he was maybe and I use these numbers loosely 5-10 160lbs wet. The catcher got down and this kid started warming up nothing major he got good and loose and let a few fly 96,97,95..were the readings..POP, POP, POP three more! Then he proceeded to say that's cool I'm good to GO! Then he went almost back to 60% velo cut it this way, ran it that way, drove it up in the zone, sunk it down in the zone. after approximately 50 tosses where the catchers glove maybe moved 1 and a 1/2 inches either way. He jogged over shook the catchers hand said thanks for letting me break a sweat bent over grabbed a towel and walked away.

That kids name was Greg Maddux at 35 years old.

He was still able to bring it 91mph if he felt like it when he was 39/40 and probably could have hit 90mph once in a while to keep the hitters honest when/if he needed when he was 42/43.

But, the thing about Maddux he didn't have to he could have had his worse stuff and he still would get those Maddux calls 3-4-6 inches off the corner either side of the plate and not many hitters said a damn thing. The guy was phenomenal and a nicer guy when we spoke.