• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Relief Trade Targets

ettin

Earlier today Cory Rasmus rejoined the Angels bullpen and that will certainly be a nice shot in the arm for the team either in long or short relief. Since his return, in a limited 15.1 innings, he's running an elite K%-BB% of 39%!

All that good feeling set aside I feel like the Angels will try to acquire a reliever that can handle left-handed hitters well.

After sorting through some lists I've identified, mostly, relievers who either a ) are on teams that seem to be sellers in the market and/or b ) have high salaries or will soon have high salaries through arbitration/contract.

In no particular order:

Adam Ottavino

Francisco Rodriguez

Will Smith

Jake McGee

Aroldis Chapman

Zach Putnam

Hunter Strickland

Craig Kimbrel

Brandon Maurer

Evan Scribner

Brad Brach

Cody Allen

Out of that group I feel like the most attainable relievers that wouldn't cost us a significant prospect or package of prospects would be Ottavino (2 years of control), McGee (2 years of control but escalating arbitration salary) and our old friend K-Rod (2 years left on his contract).

I can't quite believe I'm saying this but K-Rod is inexpensive, is throwing really well this year (K%-BB% vs. LHP: 24.2%, vs. RHP: 21.9%) and has two inexpensive option years after this. Domestic violence issues aside he'd be a shot in the arm to our bullpen (again).

Again this list is mostly geared to combating LHH's but someone like Ottavino, McGee, and Rodriguez could easily pitch against RHH's well too.

Let's hope we can find a great reliever to add to the back end of our 'pen to join Street, Smith, Salas (can't believe I just typed that too), and Rasmus.

Edited by ettin

I would imagine that MS and Stoneman have veto power on all trades right now so the thought that we would trade a veteran performing well  from the major league club on a playoff caliber team is laughable.  

I don't feel like any more help is coming ladies and gents.  

We made the expected trades for some veteran OF help without losing any of our minor league depth or our top prospects.   They aren't going to push their luck.  

I would imagine that MS and Stoneman have veto power on all trades right now so the thought that we would trade a veteran performing well from the major league club on a playoff caliber team is laughable.

I don't feel like any more help is coming ladies and gents.

We made the expected trades for some veteran OF help without losing any of our minor league depth or our top prospects. They aren't going to push their luck.

Even though they're looking at relief help and it's been reported by all the beat writers?