• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers

SoWhat

Astros, Padres Working On Significant Deal; Nothing Close At Present

By Jeff Todd [July 31, 2015 at 12:38am CDT]

12:44am: The sides are talking, but nothing is close, a source tells Evan Drellich of the Houston Chronicle (via Twitter).

12:38am: The Astros and Padres are “working on ‘something big,'” Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports tweets. It’s unclear precisely what is involved, but he notes that Tyson Ross and Craig Kimbrel have both been discussed, with San Diego potentially looking for a center field acquisition.

Ross has been discussed quite heavily as a hotly-pursued trade piece. He’s controllable for two more seasons after this one, fairly young, and relatively inexpensive. And Ross has posted rather steady, rather high-quality results for some time now. Much the same could be said of Kimbrel, who is reportedly in play.

Chris Cotillo of SB Nation tweets that Houston center fielder Jake Marisnick is “believed to be in play” in talks. The Astros obviously have a theoretical glut in the outfield after adding Carlos Gomez earlier tonight. Marisnick, who came over in a deadline deal last summer, could conceivably be put to better use as a trade piece with players like Gomez, George Springer, Colby Rasmus, a

AJ's probably available.

LOL at myself!

A couple years back when AJ was on the free agent market, suggesting on the forums the Angels should acquire him was a bannable offense. I actaully think we would have been wise to sign him. He would have been a valuable addition to our catching staff. I still would have booed him every game. 

Jake Marisnick is ****ing terrible. Preller should be fired if he accepts Marisnick for Ross or Kimbrel. 

I'm sure there's a lot more pieces involved. Marisnick by himself wouldn't make any sense at all. Marisnick and Appel would be the basis and center of a package going back to San Diego and there would be more I'm sure.

• 3 weeks later...

""Gomez might be suckingg but our angels still havent been able to overtake the astros ""

Not only that, what their new PCL team in Fresno is doing is scary.

The only team close to them in the entire 4 divisions is the Dodgers OKC team.

http://www.milb.com/standings/index.jsp?sid=l112

The anticipated advantage that other teams in the AL West were supposed to have in the wild card due to getting get cheap wins off of the "Lastros" seems to have ended years sooner than expected  :(