• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are you guys as disappointed in this team as I am?

I love this place.  Just one week ago this place was the board equivalent of hookers and blow.  One bat away from the WS and that is was very obvious that the Astros were playing above their head at the beginning of the season.  

Now the Zoloft is out in full and being abused with exclamations that previous three weeks was just a mirage and the Astros look the better team.

I love this place.  Just one week ago this place was the board equivalent of hookers and blow.  One bat away from the WS and that is was very obvious that the Astros were playing above their head at the beginning of the season.  

Now the Zoloft is out in full and being abused with exclamations that previous three weeks was just a mirage and the Astros look the better team.

lol this is so much truth

My expectations were low to begin with so I've been pleasantly surprised.  The team has flourished despite their GM bailing mid-season amid upper management rancor; a giant fat contract accompanied with a creepy lying weirdo went back to Texas amid national attention and controversy; and, one key pitcher wasn't able to pitch until well into the season while another key pitcher hasn't performed with the same lightening strike he had last season.

Taking a step back, consider that Scioscia is partially responsible for keeping this team afloat.  This is where the OGAAT philosophy pays.  I'm not really passionate about Scioscia one way or the other, but there are many other managers out there who would likely have the team under .500 at this point.

So, no, I'm not disappointed.  I'm rather happy that the team hasn't raised a flag and gone golfing.  

Umm, I'm wondering if some of the posters on this thread have actually been fans for more than a season or two. This is the Angels. I've been a fan for thirty-five years, and this is pretty much what they are. They get hot and get you excited and then they come back to earth and drive you crazy. 

Every team does that. 

Except the Cardinals apparently.

The FO did bolster our problem area in LF.  Losing Trout and Freese and inserting 3 new players all while playing our division rival on their whack job field is no small thing.  Let's hope they can stay in it for another week or so until we can stabilize the lineup.  Dodgers aren't going to help much though.

Without Trout, they play like crap.

But hey, we're only a game back and have 3 better bats for LF now than we've had all season. Trout will come back, the pitching will be steadily good and hopefully the bullpen will even itself out.

No reason to panic. Yeah it sucks right now, but it'll get better.

It's ok to be disappointed in the losses but anyone disappointed with the team needs to rethink their opinion.

I'm ok with the recent trades ... the team is better and added depth to the lineup.. It may be enough to go all the way. Although, I would of preferred giving up a top pitching prospect for a impact bat. This team is ready to win NOW.

you know, it's unbelievable they aren't beating the crap out of the astros with gillaspie, dejesus, and victorino in the lineup, while trout and freese are hurt.

ebb and flow, fellas, ebb and flow.

I don't think they really miss the loss of Freese. Trout being out is like missing 2 all-star players

This is a team in transition.  Besides having one of the best players on the planet, they have a bunch of parts moving in different directions.  Pujols will have his streaky periods, as evidenced by June, but he's quickly degenrating into a one-trick player as average, OBP, and OPS move dowards.  Joyce, Ianetta, Freese and the Over-The-Hill Gang (DeJesus, Murphy, Victorino) will be gone next year, Cron, Giavotella, Perez, and Kubitza are finding their place, Aybar is in the final year of his deal next year and the only guy on offense that seems permanent is Calhoun.  They are also between Aces at the moment.  From 2010 - 2014, Weaver was the man with Richards waiting in the wings.  Now?  Weaver is done and Richards is still trying find himself back to 2014 form.  Wilson will hopefully be gone soon and Shoemaker is trade bait but Santiago is a keeper there are potential Aces in the emerging Heaney and the developing Newcomb.  There are also the future middle of the rotation pieces in Tropeano and Skaggs with further depth in Smith.  This team is heavily weighed by players coming up or on the way out with little in the middle.  For all this chaos, surprising they are doing as well as they are at this point. 

Edited by mulwin444

Losing is part of baseball, it's just that when the Angels lose it's ugly, I almost can't watch games when Wilson pitches. His deep counts and failure to close out an inning is beyond frustrating. The Angels inability to find a quality LF MS's stubbornness to keep playing Joyce add to the frustrations.