• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Landing Tulowitzki if Dipoto was Still GM?

Yeah, why would anyone ever want Troy Tulowitzki. Why would anyone ever want him. we have David Freese and Joyce and a bunch of other streaky hitters. Screw the WS I'm content with another useless division title. Great mentality, man. 

Tulo has a .211 career postseason batting average.

Getting fading tin cans like Victorino at the deadline is acceptable.  They are usually worthless (I go all the way back to Gregg Jeffries) but disposable.

Why posters insist, in 2015, in obtaining huge money, multi year contracts of former all stars on the downside (like Tulo) is beyond me.

This thread has less to do with Tulo and more to do with crying about Dipoto.

I have no idea why people continue to cry about Dipoto.

Stoneman didn't make a big splash at the deadline so that's an excuse to cry about Jerry.

Tulo has a .211 career postseason batting average.

What's your point? Trout's postseason BA is lower than .083

Small sample sizes aren't worth a damn.

Yes, the Angels could have gotten Tulo if Dipoto was the GM....

If he'd traded Heaney and Newcomb.

The Angels could have gotten Tulo under Stoneman too...

If he'd traded Heaney and Newcomb.

The Angels could have gotten Tulo if I were the GM...

If I'd traded Heaney and Newcomb.

None of that means anything if the GM isn't willing to make the trade. Stoneman would never trade young pitching prospects like Heaney and Newcomb. He's far too conservative whereas Dipoto is completely hands on as a GM

What the hell did I just read?

You'd actually want Tulo? Why? So we can pay him tons of money to change positions and get injured twice a year?

So you just wanted us to trade for a "big name"?

lol

I'm not Arte's accountant, and I couldn't care less how much Tulo costs–I'm a fan, and I only care about seeing the Angels win the World Series. 

None of that means anything if the GM isn't willing to make the trade. Stoneman would never trade young pitching prospects like Heaney and Newcomb. He's far too conservative whereas Dipoto is completely hands on as a GM

Dude, you're beyond help if the thought of giving up Heaney AND Newcomb to get Tulo doesn't sound sickeningly awful to you. Thank Christ we don't have a GM who would do that.

Dude, you're beyond help if the thought of giving up Heaney AND Newcomb to get Tulo doesn't sound sickeningly awful to you. Thank Christ we don't have a GM who would do that.

Dude, I never advocated a trade like that. I wouldn't trade Heaney for anyone, but this thread isn't about what I would do.

Obviously, if Dipoto were still GM he'd never trade Heaney/Newcomb. No sane GM would trade both guys.

My point is that Dipoto was willing to trade top SP prospects for rentals or immediate help.  After all he traded Tyler Chatwood, and redacted when he was GM. 

Also, stormgt, you're a douchebag but I still enjoy your angry posts. Dipoto having strong ties with Colorado would have been a huge factor if he went after Tulo. Dipoto traded Tyler Chatwood to the Rockies–so they're familiar with the kind of quality prospects the Angels have. The Rockies were desperate to shed some cash off their payroll, so that would have put them in an automatic disadvantage when negotiating a trade.

Edited by failos

I'm not Arte's accountant, and I couldn't care less how much Tulo costs–I'm a fan, and I only care about seeing the Angels win the World Series.

You don't care about budgets but you care about winning WS?

Sounds like a great way to look at things.

/sarc

I think what Jeff was telling you that any idiot could have brokered a deal using Heaney and Newcomb as the package. So the trade proposal itself is the issue, not who refused to make the offer.

Dude, I never advocated a trade like that. I wouldn't trade Heaney for anyone, but this thread isn't about what I would do.

Obviously, if Dipoto were still GM he'd never trade Heaney/Newcomb. No sane GM would trade both guys.

My point is that Dipoto was willing to trade top SP prospects for rentals or immediate help. After all, he traded Tyler Skaggs, Tyler Chatwood, and Patrick Corbin when he was GM.

Also, stormgt, you're a douchebag but I still enjoy your angry posts. Dipoto having strong ties with Colorado would have been a huge factor if he went after Tulo. Dipoto traded Tyler Chatwood to the Rockies–so they're familiar with the kind of quality prospects the Angels have. The Rockies were desperate to shed some cash off their payroll, so that would have put them in an automatic disadvantage when negotiating a trade.

He only traded Chatwood

You don't care about budgets but you care about winning WS?

Sounds like a great way to look at things.

/sarc

Arte can afford a few shitty contracts, dude, don't stress about his money. This is a guy who owes Josh Hamilton millions but still manages to get out of bed in the morning. Tulowitzki isn't going to put him out on the streets.

If Dipoto was still GM, the Angels would haved traded for Tulowitzki, Price, Lind and Gomez, and only gotten rid of Navarro, Robertson, Eduar Rondon, and Stamets.

I thought Stoneman is just a placeholder while Jerry's people continue to make brilliant moves and big splashes.

Failos. Your an ASS. And if you think the Rockies would trade Tulos for any group of Angels other than Heaney and or Newcomb just because Dipoto is friends than your an idiot.

you see your not the only person on here that can names.

and btw if you followed my posts I am one of the more optimist posters on here so I don't get your angry comment comes from.

My point is that Dipoto was willing to trade top SP prospects for rentals or immediate help. After all he traded Tyler Chatwood, and redacted when he was GM.