• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Batting averages Morales vs Vargas

Jimnesie

Yes, it is the point. His point was that we traded the wrong hitter. Guess what, we traded the ONLY hitter we could because he had NOWHERE TO PLAY. Nobody else who we could afford to part with (Bourjos) was going to get us a quality starting pitcher.

Well in that case no matter what numbers Morales it won't matter, even if he's putting up Cabrera like number.

Both are quality players having solid seasons so far.  Right now I think the edge goes to Vargas in that a SP with his numbers is more valuable than DH with Kendrys. 

It's actually working out for both sides right now.  Although the M's would likely have been better off keeping Vargas more so than the halos keeping Kendrys.  Outside of the top two, Seattle SP has been awful.  Shuck has done a decent job filling in for Bourjos.  Kendrys probably ends up getting the lions share of those abs with Trumbo in LF.  Who knows who they would have gotten had they traded Bourjos instead. 

My apologies, your comment made both of those accusations seem true.

Well, kid, let me educate you on something:

Right above each and every post, there is a date and time stamp.

Perhaps I shouldn't have said you look "dumb". I should have said "silly". My apologies to you.

Let the season play out first, and second make sure you check Morales' stats before you actually look silly again.

Again, Morales' stats really aren't germane. If the choices were to trade Morales, Bourjos, or Trumbo, Morales was the easy choice, as Bourjos wasn't going to net us a quality pitcher, Trumbo is to us this year as he was last year...the offensive glue that is keeping this team at least treading water, and Morales simply had no position and was not going to be re-signed anyway. Unless Morales goes Cabrera or Trout (very unlikely), this was a good trade for the Angels. And it happens to work for the Mariners as well. That's the sign of a good trade.

You have to give to get. Bourjos would not have been enough to give. Trumbo would have been too much.

Again, Morales' stats really aren't germane. If the choices were to trade Morales, Bourjos, or Trumbo, Morales was the easy choice, as Bourjos wasn't going to net us a quality pitcher, Trumbo is to us this year as he was last year...the offensive glue that is keeping this team at least treading water, and Morales simply had no position and was not going to be re-signed anyway. Unless Morales goes Cabrera or Trout (very unlikely), this was a good trade for the Angels. And it happens to work for the Mariners as well. That's the sign of a good trade.

You have to give to get. Bourjos would not have been enough to give. Trumbo would have been too much.

Morales' stats don't matter? The hell? I have, nor anybody else here, no idea what offers were on the table for Morales. There could have been multiple offers and Dipoto chose a Vargas deal.

I would not have traded Trumbo for Vargas (I wouldn't target Vargas at all knowing he would be a FA). I would have traded Bourjos for sure, and Trumbo if the package made since. Same with Morales.

Morales' stats don't matter? The hell? I have, nor anybody else here, no idea what offers were on the table for Morales. There could have been multiple offers and Dipoto chose a Vargas deal.

I would not have traded Trumbo for Vargas (I wouldn't target Vargas at all knowing he would be a FA). I would have traded Bourjos for sure, and Trumbo if the package made since. Same with Morales.

Hi Tony